The MT-07 Forum

Change from °F to °C (LCD Display)

sguerrero

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Check in the owners manual I think you can change it. I know I changed to kph somehow and could not figure out how to get it back. Opened owners manual and it was easy.

• Premium Member

US and Mexico units as far as i can tell come with F, mine's from Mexico and came in F, which i hate because we don't use that

US and Mexico units as far as i can tell come with F, mine's from Mexico and came in F, which i hate because we don't use that
I totally hear you. I'm used to C.  
Here is a tip:

Take F reading then subtract 30 then divide by 2 to convert to C

Example: 60F - 30 = 30/2 = 15C is not exact conversion but keeps your mind busy.

Check in the owners manual I think you can change it. I know I changed to kph somehow and could not figure out how to get it back. Opened owners manual and it was easy.
You can only update Mi to Km and viceversa, but it will not make a change in temp. 

I've tried all sorts of key presses to see if I can hack my way into hidden
menus but the 07 seems to be pretty locked up not found a way in yet.

• Premium Member
Here is a tip:

Example: 60F - 30 = 30/2 = 15C is not exact conversion but keeps your mind busy.

Brilliant, why was this method never explained to me? thank you. 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Here is a tip:

And for our northernmost members if it's -40F no math is needed!  :D 

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

There are a couple where you can just reverse the digits 61°F = 16°C and 82°F = 28°C. 104°F = 40°C, so if you drop the 1 you can reverse the remaining digits.

-40c = -40F! I have freezers at work that run -80C. Back in the analog days, some freezers had both scales and that's where they meet.

If it helps - our body temps are basically 98-99F = 37C

Everything I do at work is metric - everything at home is not. It's as close to bilingual as I get.

the proper conversions look like this

from C to F : 9/5 celsius +32 = F

from F to C: (F - 32) x 5/9 = C

Archived