The MT-07 Forum

Brake pedal is on the right...

eurofunction

I live in an condominium complex so during the winter months I store my Bike at my friend speed shop show room. Saturday morning he sent me these pictures...

47741b4a2367e96d49fc854e4b586392.jpg

e33909dd664eabca425cdd9db1fa0845.jpg

2e997edd1c2058e7e9c363a6ab658db3.jpg

028852f67573aa5697e10a15003bc559.jpg

Apparently and elderly woman thought she was on the brake and accidentally put her 4Runner into drive instead of reverse. The above is the result of that.

She went throw the window over the store lower wall and into some shelves. The shelves slide into my other friends Harley which took the worst hit. His Harley ended up getting knocked into my bike.

4224b445d406d94daac7ae098c0f5210.jpg

1349bb79df0c040847834fe72e547a5f.jpg

4e1b42495214c5c12ef02493a88315c0.jpg

81ac08cdc1c72a655c98a5a9ec763681.jpg

Overall my bike made it out extremely well considering. My friends Harley will probably be totaled since the fork is complete bent along with a dent in the gas tank etc. Only damage my bike sustained was a broken blinker light and a broken radiator guard. Not a scratch otherwise.

• Premium Member

Damn, sorry to see that. Glad your bike made it through the ordeal with minimal damage...

- Paulie

My theory is she had her foot on the brake, went to drive (instead of reverse) then came off the brake and when the car started to roll forward probably tried to get back on the brake but missed it and hit the accelerator pedal. Police said they are taking her license permanently.

My buddy called me this morning. She doesn't have insurance so his insurance company is going after her for all damage. My rear fender was bent also which means Yoshi eliminator will replace the stock bent piece. Any suggestions for different blinker lights?

My theory is she had her foot on the brake, went to drive (instead of reverse) then came off the brake and when the car started to roll forward probably tried to get back on the brake but missed it and hit the accelerator pedal. Police said they are taking her license permanently. 
My buddy called me this morning. She doesn't have insurance so his insurance company is going after her for all damage. My rear fender was bent also which means Yoshi eliminator will replace the stock bent piece. Any suggestions for different blinker lights?
Man am I glad I didn't take you up on that offer to store my bike too (guess who!). I'm probably putting the Vagabond eliminator on my bike, cheaper and looks pretty much the same: http://www.vagabondmotorsports.com/collections/yamaha-fz-07-2015/products/yamaha-fz-07-2015-fender-eliminator 

• Premium Member

Whats up with this constant  "sorry no insurance so youre sh*t out of luck" BS I keep hearing about? Does anyone bother getting insurance down south? Brutal.

Sorry to hear of the damages and the inevitable headache involved for everyone....except for the old bag of course.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Just when you think your bike is safely put away, this happens. Glad to hear your damage was not too great. Hopefully, they will throw the book at the confused and [strong]uninsured[/strong] one.

Man am I glad I didn't take you up on that offer to store my bike too (guess who!). I'm probably putting the Vagabond eliminator on my bike, cheaper and looks pretty much the same: http://www.vagabondmotorsports.com/collections/yamaha-fz-07-2015/products/yamaha-fz-07-2015-fender-eliminator 
Shane man! I assume with the luck you have you played and won powerball no? 
Thanks for the suggestion on the Tail tidy. I actually like their sliders too so I might pick up both those and the tail tidy from them. Lets go for a ride soon when the snow melts! 

Whats up with this constant  "sorry no insurance so youre sh*t out of luck" BS I keep hearing about? Does anyone bother getting insurance down south? Brutal. 
Sorry to hear of the damages and the inevitable headache involved for everyone....except for the old bag of course.

This tale of woe is based in NH. Live free or die and what not.

Shane man! I assume with the luck you have you played and won powerball no? 
Thanks for the suggestion on the Tail tidy. I actually like their sliders too so I might pick up both those and the tail tidy from them. Lets go for a ride soon when the snow melts! 
Ha if only. I wouldn't be posting here from work!  
No problem, I have the frame and axle sliders from them definitely a good purchase. You might notice the frame sliders are bit too long and need to be shaved to fit properly (I didn't do this and likely stripped the set screw hole in the process).

I live in a no-fault state, Florida, and there are a lot of no-fault states where people sometimes misunderstand the meaning of no-fault insurance and think they either don't have to carry it or that the other guy will pay for any and all of their own damages. She could be one of the dummies.

Beemer

Thanks for the comments guys. Now that a few days have passed I am actually laughing at the situation and can't stop thinking this... 

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CosD7h2703o]

Archived