The MT-07 Forum

Recent mod: SW motech center stand

mr2diefor

I just bought this stand. I am waiting for my gf so we can do a dual install of this on my bike and crash bars on her. I have the Akrapovic titanium and will post pics when I'm done

• 2 weeks later...

I have to ask if it's easy to put the bike up on the stand while you are sitting on it. * Correction, straddling it.  ;-|

Beemer

I still haven't put it on yet. :/ Hopefully soon. I have put a bike on a center stand while I was sitting on it before. It's pretty easy, especially with a bike as light as this one.

Guest Ralph
I have to ask if it's easy to put the bike up on the stand while you are sitting on it.
Dont think I have ever put a bike on a center stand wile sitting on it,  it may be possible but not the easy way of doing things, just put as much
of your weight as you can on the pedal and roll the bike backwards.

I have to ask if it's easy to put the bike up on the stand while you are sitting on it.
Dont think I have ever put a bike on a center stand wile sitting on it,  it may be possible but not the easy way of doing things, just put as much
of your weight as you can on the pedal and roll the bike backwards.
Well, that's what I meant. I meant while straddling it, wrong choice of words. It's been a long time since I've used one and was much lighter/weaker back then. I remember after a little practice it was easy to do. I just wanted to be sure it had a good design and functioned easily enough.

Beemer

bmwpowere36m3

On my Kawasaki sport cruiser, you have to be off the bike to get enough weight on the pedal to work the center stand… AND pull up on the rear subframe. Then again it has a regular side stand for everyday use.

I installed a center stand on my 2000 Triumph Thunderbird. (475 lbs dry). It took a while to master the technique of lifting it. It's more technique than brute force. Kept left foot on the stand, grabbed the left hand grip and part of the sub frame. If you did it right, it goes up easy. The bike should be a cinch.

• 2 weeks later...

Just Installed this with an Akrapovic Titanium. I can confirm it fits as well. Look for a how-to video I will be making for this soon.

rwhT51d.jpg

copamundial
Does this replace the side stand?
No.

You can get a good look at the interaction between the center stand, the side stand, and the (stock) exhaust here.
(not my video)

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dshHbfiV2Xo]

2015 FZ-07 White: Penske 8900E shock & spring, Spiegler Stainless brake lines, Woodcraft clip-ons, engine guards and frame sliders.

Just installed my center stand. I'm keeping stock exhaust. Only problem is keeping bike upright while removing side stand. I had it in my basement with hooks into the rafters. Ratchet tie down to each handlebar end.

Great quality and a very wide footprint. Pops up easier than any bike I've owned. Don't even need to use your right hand.

I ordered it directly from France. https://www.sdmoto-parts.com/en/fz-fj/331-sw-motech-center-stand-yamaha-fz-07.html# Had to order a side stand foot enlarger also to get free shipping. Still cheaper than Twisted Throttle.

BTW: you don't straddle or sit on a bike to put it on the center stand.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

• Premium Member
But believe me guys, ANY exhaust you use will fit, the stock pipe is huge in comparison to any aftermarket.
Now I'm wondering if the Akra Carbon exhaust would work with the centerstand.  

In India most of our bikes come with center stand from factory.

Don't ask me why

Also it's very easy to get bike on center stand while sitting on it.
There is technique involved.

You put weight on the center stand while lifting the rear of the bike.

It goes on easy.

But then again those were 250 cc motorcycles.

To lift a 1000cc might be a different story.

In India most of our bikes come with center stand from factory. 
Don't ask me why

Also it's very easy to get bike on center stand while sitting on it.
There is technique involved.

You put weight on the center stand while lifting the rear of the bike.

It goes on easy.

But then again those were 250 cc motorcycles.

To lift a 1000cc might be a different story.
I have to admit I have never seen anyone put a bike on the center stand while sat on or straddling it, Anyone care to make a video and post it?

• 9 months later...

Hi, thanks for the pic.
I'd been searching the whole internet to find a photo like yours. However can you also upload a picture where the bike is off the centerstand and where one can see wether the centerstand touches the akrapovic exhaust or not. Is there some space between exhaust and centerstand and if yes how much do think it could be? I'm asking because my local yamaha dealer told me that it wouldn't fit. In case you can fix it it would touch the exhaust or would decrease the ground clearance in such a way the riding wouldn't be that much fun anymore when the bike is off the stand and on the road.

Hi, thanks for the pic. I'd been searching the whole internet to find a photo like yours. However can you also upload a picture where the bike is off the centerstand and where one can see wether the centerstand touches the akrapovic exhaust or not. Is there some space between exhaust and centerstand and if yes how much do think it could be? I'm asking because my local yamaha dealer told me that it wouldn't fit. In case you can fix it it would touch the exhaust or would decrease the ground clearance in such a way the riding wouldn't be that much fun anymore when the bike is off the stand and on the road.

Are you talking to me or someone else? Lol well, if you are talking to me, I can tell you if you are using the Akrapovic TI this center stand has plenty of room to spare when installed. It does change the ground clearance a little, but honestly I have never noticed a difference and I've had it on for about a year now I think. If you really want I can still take a pic of it, but I'm telling you there is about an inch or two of apace between the pipe and the stand when it is up.

Archived