The MT-07 Forum

Recent mod: SW motech center stand

mr2diefor

Hey guys!
New to the board but I've had my beautiful Pearl White FZ07 for about 6 months now. Last week in the freezing cold, I installed my SW Motech centerstand. (Purchased from Revzilla in October 2015) The stand only took about 30 mins to install and I wonder everytime I look at it, why Yamaha didn't have it packaged with it from the factory.
My real question or concern though is (and I've been scouring the Internet for about 3 hours now and can't find an answer; even attempted to contact SW motech but no answer) Does anyone know for a fact if this will fit with an Akrapovic titanium exhaust?
I've searched and searched but no one knows for sure 100%. Definitely don't want to purchase the $900+ exhaust and have to ditch my $200+ stand.

Thanks so much guys.

• Premium Member

I know it's not the same product, but the SW skid plate I bought only worked with the stock and yoshimura exhaust, I switched my exhaust to Two Bros. recently and it does not fit, for anyone wondering.

I can see the skid plate not fitting, just because the way the piping is different. But for the centerstand I'm mainly worried how the exhaust muffler actually sticks out where the centerstand mount sits.

Allan have you found any sort of information with the centerstand and akrapovic titanium?

I love this stand it's amazing, and so is the exhaust from what I hear. Be nice to have then as a combo

One of you guys has the exhaust the other has the center stand. Why don't you guys take pictures and measurements and see if it would be possible.

One of you guys has the exhaust the other has the center stand. Why don't you guys take pictures and measurements and see if it would be possible.
This man deserves the nobel peace prize. That is a great idea.

Allan,
If you can post just a side shot of the right side near the bottom of the rear brake lever, I can tell you if it fits or not. Let's do this brother.

Allan, If you can post just a side shot of the right side near the bottom of the rear brake lever, I can tell you if it fits or not. Let's do this brother.

I can do that. I'm going to try this new tapatalk thing with the pictures, so let me know if it works.

29c191d2c19e216b3a1ba7c9f1edb33f.jpg

Is that good? Let me know. I can take another. My bike is in storage so I don't have a whole lot of room.

Lmaooo I have the same blue reflective tape on my wheels! Allan I need a more angular shot, imagine sitting to the right of your bike eye level with the middle muffler section under the rear brake lever, I need to see how far it sticks it. Then I can compare.

• Premium Member

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I have the center stand and was wondering if that exhaust would fit.

I didn't forget about you guys. I've just been super busy with the holiday weekend. I will update tonight with the pics you need.

Allan, right above the R and the C in the "akRapoviC" sticker is where the straight black bracket connects to those two bolts above it, about 3-4 inches downward. That's the only reason why I'm wondering if the it'll fit or not, because if it sticks out too much then that bracket is useless for the centerstand.

I just looked at my titanium Akra exhaust. The canister is narrower than those bolts by about an inch in that area so there should be no problem.

Allan, right above the R and the C in the "akRapoviC" sticker is where the straight black bracket connects to those two bolts above it, about 3-4 inches downward. That's the only reason why I'm wondering if the it'll fit or not, because if it sticks out too much then that bracket is useless for the centerstand.
So I have no idea what you are talking about, so I took a bunch of pictures and I just hope one of them work. Lol Tell me if you need more. Please excuse the very dirty bike.

ea3c49d7dc6d4d5b4cb022d446eff03d.jpg

b8c9f19a58dad3e0d8153cbc2cb45e76.jpg

48b4927d941c35a3708a0c0193331101.jpg

e1d1f66582c9b731c4b378b613c774ec.jpg

7238f5f3e99dee7d2856187a27cce3e7.jpg

Allan, just looking at the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th pic I'd say it'll fit no problem. Those bolts you see in the last pic that sit under the right peg are what the center-stand actually bolts too. Once bolted to those two bolts on the right side (thankfully) it drops down about 3-4 inches, which then connects the center-stand, same thing on the other side.

If you look at the instruction manual for the SW motech stand, they'll break it down for you as to what needs to get replaced. Check it out, it looks like it'll fit though.

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates of using the center stand and exhaust together ?
As far as we can gather from our very scientific research test, it will fit with the Akrapovic Ti.

• 3 months later...
mr2diefor

Good News guys!
Allan I have Akrapovic Titanium, with an SW Motech center stand, and the SAME blue tape installed on my bike. I can 100% assure you the stand will work with it. Actually there's plenty of room. I finally got to solve this but with money spent to verify my findings. I'll take pictures as soon as I can.
It looks amazing, the stand gives you an extra few inches of coverage and just fits perfectly I feel like the bike should've came with both the stand and the exhaust.

Sending pics soon. Thanks guys.

• 4 weeks later...
booboobusfz07

Yeah definitely in for pics of the finished setup. I wonder how it would work with my leovince.

• 2 weeks later...

But believe me guys, ANY exhaust you use will fit, the stock pipe is huge in comparison to any aftermarket.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Sorry guys I gotta read and learn the "how to upload a picture thread. Lol any help?
I use imgur. It's easy to use. 

Archived