The MT-07 Forum

Help with rear shock absorber assembly

br4nd0n

I removed the bolt that holds the front/top half of the rear shock to install mounting for a side stand and ran into the issue of the shock assembly slightly moving which caused the holes to no longer line up. I'm not sure how I move it back into place and wanted to know if anyone can help me out.

Is there any other method? I don't have anything to lift the bike hence the stand I purchased which ended up getting me into this mess.

• Global Moderator

Maybe a couple of friends lifting up on the frame would work. The bike is not very heavy.

• Global Moderator
Is there any other method? I don't have anything to lift the bike hence the stand I purchased which ended up getting me into this mess.
if you have the passenger pegs still attached....
use a pipe through them and a pair of jack stands?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

I used pitbull stands to lift the front and rear, then placed jackstands under the frame just under the front footpegs.
That allowed my to adjust the rear swingarm (I actually used my foot) to get the shock mount holes lined up correctly.
Here's a couple pictures:

[attachment id=1254" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=1256" thumbnail="1]

Why can't left turners see us?

bmwpowere36m3

Need to take the weight off the rear wheel, simple as that. Be it a friend or two, hoist, ratchet straps thru pegs to something over head, etc...

Archived