The MT-07 Forum

Racing your FZ-07? Sound off here!

Cruizin

Funny you mention that, I didn't think so either till I looked closely at it. The guy standing there is (was) the new (third) owner and conductor of the event. The frame was broken at the head tube, the shock butress and subframe. One fork broke, the other bent. The  ecu smashed to smitherines. Bodywork gonzo. Front wheel bent latteraly, rear bent in as seen. Engine cases cracked. Shock broke in two. Swingarm bent. The bike made a beautiful forward endo, bouncing 15 feet into the air before coming down neatly on the rear wheel. The rider, Nathan, fortunately belly flopped 200 feet down the track but was basically uninjured. The bike narrowly missed landing on him which would have been seriously bad news.

You are correct though, a death befitting a racebike. Happened on the front straight in front of God and everyone. They still talk about the entertainment value of that event, garnered a perfect 10.0.

Nathan is back, on the red and black SV seen above, bastard. I love these guys/galls.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMG_20170617_152117098.jpg

IMG_20170616_203311996.jpg

My Bike is # 1802.  3,000' track elevation, 90 degrees F, 200 pound rider.  Yoshi exhaust, diy airbox mod, 2wd ecu flash.  I could definitely get a little more aggressive off the line but need to go home in one piece.  I also need 20 more horsepower...best way to achieve?

"Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater" - Iggy Pop

Everyday I get on it its a race :)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

My Bike is # 1802.  3,000' track elevation, 90 degrees F, 200 pound rider.  Yoshi exhaust, diy airbox mod, 2wd ecu flash.  I could definitely get a little more aggressive off the line but need to go home in one piece.  I also need 20 more horsepower...best way to achieve?

• Premium Member

Them times are pretty good... Im sure you noticed just after the 1/8 mile the little -07 motor just flat lines in power... Add a Hordpower airbox, it will definitely pick up some of the missing power after the 1/8 mile, you already got the yoshi pipe which Hordpower used for his build... If you wanna go all out add some HiComp slugs, head work and special cam from Hordpower which will turn the FZ-07 into a fire breathing monster

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Hordpower is looking like a very good option...haven't really spent any money on the bike since I paid it off a while back!

"Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater" - Iggy Pop

Archived