The MT-07 Forum

What will she do?

yamabob

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bought it because first off, it is a very economical bike, but also because it is a blast to ride in twisting roads and it gets to 60 insanely fast.
That's EXACTLY why I am still waiting for my FZ-07. I have had a bike going 160mph (Ninja 900), OK its fun, the kind of fun that will get you in trouble with LEO, but for the praticality I am looking for, as you say, economical and fast enough to past cars or trucks on 2 lanes roads, the FZ is what fits the bill.  

I bought it because first off, it is a very economical bike, but also because it is a blast to ride in twisting roads and it gets to 60 insanely fast.
That's EXACTLY why I am still waiting for my FZ-07. I have had a bike going 160mph (Ninja 900), OK its fun, the kind of fun that will get you in trouble with LEO, but for the praticality I am looking for, as you say, economical and fast enough to past cars or trucks on 2 lanes roads, the FZ is what fits the bill.
You will love it when you get it. It is one Hell of a bike and I have not looked back since I bought it. When are you expecting to get it? Are there delays at the dealer that are preventing you from taking delivery?

You will love it when you get it. It is one Hell of a bike and I have not looked back since I bought it. When are you expecting to get it? Are there delays at the dealer that are preventing you from taking delivery?
Don't get me started on the dealer/recall delay. As of now, I am seating on my daughter's "Ken's" motorcycle, you know, Barbie"s boy friend. Driving around my daughter's room. "Why is my daughter giving me that look?" On a more serious note, I had my FZ on order since August, 3 month ago. Between the order, then the recall, then my deposit back, since it's waaaay past the delivery date.
It is 1) not meant to be or 2) a dealer conspiracy.
I am still on the side line about #2
I might just wait for Spring. But I LOVE Winter riding.

Don't get me started on the dealer/recall delay. As of now, I am seating on my daughter's "Ken's" motorcycle, you know, Barbie"s boy friend. Driving around my daughter's room. "Why is my daughter giving me that look?" On a more serious note, I had my FZ on order since August, 3 month ago. Between the order, then the recall, then my deposit back, since it's waaaay past the delivery date.
It is 1) not meant to be or 2) a dealer conspiracy.
I am still on the side line about #2
I might just wait for Spring. But I LOVE Winter riding.

Don't give up hope. It will become a reality. I don't know much about Kentucky weather, but do you get snow in your winters? If so, I would not advise ever driving in the snow after the roads have been salted (unless you take the time after every ride to thoroughly clean your bike of any salt) because it can obviously damage your bike. Just my two cents. If no snow or salt, ride everyday if you want. Just be careful.  ;)

Only sissys stop riding for snow ;) that's why we have 2 legs. One on each side of the bike (rofl)
Snow is not much of a problem here in the Appalachians. Surprisingly enough, those mountains protect us from extreme weather. Never windy. Winter's are not that cold and summers are not that Humid, nor too hot. It's like its own micro climate. Perfect for my other hobby, RC planes, helicopters and quadcopters (drones), but very bad for windsurfing.
So I am still waiting for my FZ-07, and will be driving in February, when it gets delivered, even if the temp is -20 >:D

November Cycle World - FZ-07 did 0-60 in 3.4 seconds; 1/4 mile in 12.16 sec @106.70 mph. And these guys know how to launch ... this bike is faster to 60 and probably 80 than almost any car. The $80,000 Corvette Z06 (base price) does 2.95 seconds and 10.95 seconds (NY Daily News). So if you really have to be faster than that, spend more than $7,000, say $12,000, and you can play. Examples: Triumph Daytona 675R does 1/4 mile in 10.5 seconds (October Motorcyclist); December Cycle World has BMW R nineT (not the fastest bike for the money) doing 2.8 seconds and 11.05@ 120.32 mph. So once you dust off the Challenger, or Mustang, or Base Corvette on your FZ-07, back off and let him go by. I did the ton on a lonely stretch just to see, the bike gets there fast enough. But let's keep that to the track days.

I ride 75-85mph on my commute every day and it's very smooth up until 85. Took it to 103 once but you could tell the bike is not designed for that. Which is perfect for me because I have kids!

I hit 124 with saddlebags and it was still pulling.. I'm confident I can get a little over 130 with no bags.. I also weigh about 145. I have been 115-120 multiple times and the bike feels solid to me

I got her up to 105 one time,wasn't pushing her,got there pretty quick.Like planetwister states I'm pretty sure that lite weight people can make her go past 130 mark.In my case I'll be lucky  if she hits 115,my legs alone weighs 145 lbs  :D,I am in the 230 lbs range.

I got her up to 105 one time,wasn't pushing her,got there pretty quick.Like planetwister states I'm pretty sure that lite weight people can make her go past 130 mark.In my case I'll be lucky  if she hits 115,my legs alone weighs 145 lbs  :D,I am in the 230 lbs range.

I'm in the 220-230 weight range and can get her to 120 but she stops there.

I'm in the 220-230 weight range and can get her to 120 but she stops there.
Thats because you need to go down hill. Thats when your weight is gonna help :) Then you can do 150, 160mph with the FZ ;) 

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

@planetwister: nice avatar, is that Mount Shasta in the background?

Illegitimi non carborundum

It was a rule for me: do the top speed test with every bike i got. But, this year, for the first time of my life, i didn't do this obligatory scientific test. I just did a small attemps and 1 stopped at 113 mph because no room was left on the road. I didn't make new attemps. Am i getting old or what? :D :'(

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

It was a rule for me: do the top speed test with every bike i got. But, this year, for the first time of my life, i didn't do this obligatory scientific test. I just did a small attemps and 1 stopped at 113 mph because no room was left on the road. I didn't make new attemps. Am i getting old or what? :D :'(
...and with the new ticket rules in Quebec, you can loose your licence easy ! you have to choose your road before bubbles get to your brain. lol

The older you get the more aware of your mortality you are, or maybe your imagination starts to get the upper hand, 
maybe it's just experience of what can go wrong,
whatever it is at 66 years old I have got it.

I'm at 124 mph tops on a long flat run. Not the purpose of the bike though, it's a great bike in city riding and most enjoyable under 75 I think. Needs more wind protection if you're consistently above that.

2400 miles now.

...and with the new ticket rules in Quebec, you can loose your licence easy ! you have to choose your road before bubbles get to your brain. lol
True, it crossed my mind. With what Quebec calls the excessive speeding, i can loose my driver's licence for 3 months when riding at 50 mph (81 km/h) over the speed limit on highways.  The fine for this is 750$. Then, the new driver's licence cost around 475$ instead of 159$. Nevertheless, i can't swear that i'll not make 1 or 2 attempts next season. ::) 

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

I posted that my top speed was 106 mph, sitting up and WFO in top gear. Now the Puig tall screen is installed I can revise that. The tall screen is below my shoulders and creates still air up to my chin. It makes it much easier to ride. I was shocked at the increase in top speed. Again sitting up the bike easily reached 120 mph. I am 6' tall and 210 lbs. Both time I wore a bulky touring suite. Anybody claim higher top speed?  

I posted that my top speed was 106 mph, sitting up and WFO in top gear. Now the Puig tall screen is installed I can revise that. The tall screen is below my shoulders and creates still air up to my chin. It makes it much easier to ride. I was shocked at the increase in top speed. Again sitting up the bike easily reached 120 mph. I am 6' tall and 210 lbs. Both time I wore a bulky touring suite. Anybody claim higher top speed?  
You are saying that you are going faster with the windshield? It is usually the opposite, but the rider on the FZ is so upright that it might be better to have the windshield. 

Archived