The MT-07 Forum

power cammander mapping

roadrunner

can anyone help me figure out how to switch maps on with the power commander?

I have the software installed on my laptop, i have the map, i know where to connect the cables, but im not sure about how the bike should be on/off, how to download the map i already have loaded, and id rather get help from someone that's done it before than venture off on my own(from what i know making a mistake with mapping can be very bad)

so has anyone done this?

preferably someone that also has the akrapovic titanium exhaust with the baffle removed and snorkel removed. just wondering so maybe you can also give me tips on what combo worked best. but for just switching the map, anybody can help.

please and thank you!

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

They have a lot of good videos on their website as well as YouTube. Bike can be on or off from what I remember pcv gets power from USB if bike is off. I usually turned key on and switch on without starting the bike. Loaded map cycled key and verified map. It's really not hard at all. Just look up their pcv videos and it covers everything you need to know. If you want to change maps while driving you can as well but requires a switch be added.

@wickedtwister I did look up videos but I couldn't find any clear instructions. Maybe I used the wrong search parameters, what do you search for?

Thanks for the tips

The instructions are in your PC box. I have the same engine mods and I run db killer out. I tried map #7 off dynojets website and I prefer #8 a bit better. You can install a map with the bike running or key on engine off. Basically download a tune off the website, then open the tune in the PC program on your laptop, make sure PC is hooked up, it will tell you in the program (bottom right I believe) that it is linked, then once says map open successful you simply hit send map. Simple as that.

As far as the maps go I believe they are just "safe" tunes so probably a bit conservative on timing. I live in the southeast and so the #8 map just seems to work better. It may be different depending on the heat and humidity of your area. An actual dyno tune later will probably net you a bit more power but suspension and tires will make you much faster than any of this.

@ctrlsave Thanks!! I'm so dumb, I forgot the instructions were in the box. I bought this used so I figured i didnt have any instructions, then remembered the guy did give me everything it came with lol. my bad but thank you! Ok so you have the akrapovic with the baffle out, and you have a stock air filter but took out the snorkel, and you say tune [HASH]8 worked better than [HASH]7?
just want to confirm we have the same set up. I'll probably try both anyways but its good to know im not alone! lol

@ctrlsave Thanks!! I'm so dumb, I forgot the instructions were in the box. I bought this used so I figured i didnt have any instructions, then remembered the guy did give me everything it came with lol. my bad but thank you! Ok so you have the akrapovic with the baffle out, and you have a stock air filter but took out the snorkel, and you say tune [HASH]8 worked better than [HASH]7? just want to confirm we have the same set up. I'll probably try both anyways but its good to know im not alone! lol
No problem. Yea I have the same setup and I used tunes "akrapovic with snorkel removed" and "akrapovic with dna airbox and dna airfilter". The tunes will be listed "with baffle" but they were actually done without it as the tesr bike they used is a member here and he didn't have the baffle in. In fact if you've seen the Movistar replica Fz07, it was his bike. ;)

My best Power commander advice is to sell it and get an EJK fuel controller form Dobeck Performance. Power Commander does not provide any tech support, which is why you are here asking about it.

Dobeck does not require using a laptop to tune the bike. And, they provide the very best step by step tech support via phone or email in the business.

MR Dobech founded Dynajet, the company who sells Powercommander. He then sold the company and developed a superior technology, the EJK Fuel Controller.

• Premium Member

Hey guys!

Yes, just to confirm, all the stock maps and Akrapovic maps on their website were done with my bike, and with he baffle out.

The maps were good out of the gate, but I've since had it tuned by my own tuner for a little more "fidelity". Got a little more out of it while still being super safe, but were only talking like 2 hp or so.

:)

- Paulie

• 2 weeks later...

HOHO! When all else fails find and read the instructions...
Simple switching between maps with a single pole open close between the two wire clamps.
Why are you making two maps. One for rain surface maybe. I found a softer map for rain always helpful on the track. Another way is to switch the gear sensor driven maps if the MT07 has them . I haven't checked as no longer get any track access ( sob,sob). Often the 6th gear mapping is milder on street bikes ( especially non sport bikes like ours) and you can switch all the agressive lower maps to the softer upper maps for wet tracks. Used it very successfully on my er6 and my NSR 250's.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

While we're here, does anyone have any suggestions for maps for an M4 exhaust otherwise stock? Haven't even bought the pipe or power commander yet and probably wont for at least a few week still. I'm not even looking to gain any power over the stock exhaust and tuning, I just don't want to lose any for putting the louder pipe on.

Archived