The MT-07 Forum

How Much Did You Pay For Your FZ-07?

darkrachet

I am looking to buy a new Fz-07 within the next 1-3 months and was wondering how much you payed total for the bike from a dealer.

I don't know why no one has replied, since we have openly talked about purchase prices in other threads. I know it's not because we are uncomfortable to talk about money, since if you're on this forum you have spent or are willing to spend some serious $$$$, without even talking about mods. Use the search feature to help yourself.

From dealers the range of prices has been $6500-$8000. If bought from a third party the range has been $5400-$6000.

Also, make sure to read what SOME people dont like like about this bike. e.g. soft suspension, powerful engine braking, very upright position, small friction zone, no windscreen. If you're buying based mostly on looks and can deal with some things people have complained about, go for it, otherwise your money would be better spent on a different bike. This is your purchase, don't let someone else be the reason for this purchase, but keep an open mind.

We have way too many people who visit just to read and not enough posters. People don't want to be bothered by the 30'seconds it takes to register or login and contribute to the forum.

For the money, you can't beat the FZ-07. So low priced you can add suspension upgrades and still be well under the price of other bikes and run circles around them in the corners because it is so light.

• Premium Member

I bought mine in early Feb of last year from a dealer here in Utah. With all of the extra fees: documentation, destination, dealer prep, state taxes, license/registration it was $7,887.00.

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator

There is a thread here that is currently 26 pages with what people paid. I ordered mine the day after the bike was announced so I paid more than I would expect to now. Prices change considerably with time of year, stock, etc. 

• Premium Member

As @mjh937 mentioned, there is a long thread that covers this.

The amount is going to vary based upon your location. I recommend dealing with several different dealers until you get the price you want. They are still in short supply and high demand, so don't expect many deals below MSRP. The best you may be able to do is to get them to knock down some of their other fees, so you get a lower OTD price.

• Premium Member

I paid $7505 after taxes and everything else, even had it delivered to my door (about 85 miles from the dealer) at no additional cost.
That was back in September.
The bike had 1 mile on the odometer before my test ride.
I did a quick buzz through some side streets, testing its maneuverability, including a tight U-turn when the street I was on turned to gravel ahead.

Fell in love within a mile.

castanzarules

I paid $6200 plus tax, title and reg. I forget what the exact total was but about $7k flat out the door with zero miles if I'm remembering correctly. This is in Southeast Michigan and I got her in September.

I shopped around town last September and the only dealer that had one wanted $8,700 after all fees and taxes were added up.  Then I found a place about an hour away that ordered one for me for MSRP plus sales tax.  Ended up around $7400.  

I got my 2015 with 400 miles, damn near mint condition, 1 previous owner (military officer) and he had installed the Ermax screen already. They had it stickered at like $6700 if I recall. But I also traded in my Suzuki M50 so I ended up financing like 4k total after taxes, etc.

• Premium Member

2015 model with zero miles, 6900 out the door, fees and taxes included. Online dealer sale was much more convenient and the guy was more willing to work with me.

Hi Guys,

I'm from Quebec, Canada. I got my bike at 0 KM. this was from october 2015. I bargain with 3 dealers in the same week and finally got mine at 6100$ CAN + tax (brand new) Currently, this equal about $4270 US

Thanks

Hi Guys, 

I'm from Quebec, Canada. I got my bike at 0 KM. this was from october 2015. I bargain with 3 dealers in the same week and finally got mine at 6100$ CAN + tax (brand new) Currently, this equal about $4270 US

Thanks
Now that's a deal! Really good score man.

Thanks!

Each dealer had about 3 or 4 bike in stock near of my home. So, The starting price was 6800$ + about 1000$ for shipping and prepare and other fees. But after bargain a lot with them (yes when I say a lot, it's a lot) :) I finished with a pretty good deal (6100 all included + tax) for a FZ07 brand new.

I'm really happy to buy it and I'm already tired to see this snow outside...

Here in cali, bought mine (2016) during winter a couple weeks ago for $7499 out the door + like about $250 for a 6 year warranty on top of yamahas 1 year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I feel a more approriate title would be "how much have you blown on aftermarket stuff?"

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

I got my 2016 with 1 mile for $8300 in california. I know i over paid but didnt have the time to shop and was in a rush before other expenses came up...

If you have time look around

• Premium Member

$69∅∅ out the door after discussing with dealer online. Preferred this experience over haggling in person. Most of the other dealers I spoke with quoted me mid $7000s or higher. Ohio.

Those Canadian prices are very good,
UK price ride away just need insurance is £5250/$7614 with a 2 year guarantee and 1 year recovery.
you would likely get a bit of discount or some accessory's in the deal.
The dealer as about 10% in profit £520/$750 in the bike I suspect quit a bit of the price is Tax
of one kind or another, if you could work it out likely 50% at a guess.

$69∅∅ out the door after discussing with dealer online. Preferred this experience over haggling in person. Most of the other dealers I spoke with quoted me mid $7000s or higher. Ohio.

Which dealer @biggaudi?

• Premium Member

Rick Roush Motorsports in Medina. Super nice. Ask for Scott. Though if you do online sales with them you'll probably run into him anyway. Their techs and mechanics do a nice job too, but are pricey to be sure.

Archived