The MT-07 Forum

Vagabond Reservoir Relocation Kit

xcarbonsteelx

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

I was about to reply to the thread started in May from @jerziefreq but it appears he/she is not longer a member...

For those who have installed, have you had any issues with the rear brake post installation?  Any thoughts as to why Yamaha didn't put the reservoir where the relocation bracket moves it to in the first place?

This will be my next modification this weekend as well as remove the passenger pegs. 

- xCarbonSteelx

• Premium Member

I've had mine on for about 8 or 10 months and no problems whatsoever. Yamaha probably didn't put it there because you have to loosen it up in order to top it off. For me, it's a non-issue, because I still haven't had to top it off, and if I need to, it's easy do.

Why can't left turners see us?

• 2 weeks later...

@xcarbonsteelx I had an identity crisis lol This is my new name. 8-)

But anyways the relocation kit is super easy to install. The only thing is that the hose is too long for that location so you will have to cut it.  I was lucky enough to do this upgrade before I went in for my first service so the mechanic was kinda enough to do this for me.  This will allow the air bubbles to escape into the reservoir instead of possibly going into the brake caliper and giving you sponge-y brakes. The only reason I can think of as to why Yamaha did not put it there because of heat.  But it did not seem to be a problem even in the super hot summer days.  I mean this stuff (plastic bottle and brake fluid) is designed for high heat.  So who knows why they did what they did.  Lmk how it works out for you.

• 3 months later...
 Any thoughts as to why Yamaha didn't put the reservoir where the relocation bracket moves it to in the first place? 

If I were to make a guess is because it impedes on the visual inspection of what your preload setting is at.  Yes, its minor, but companies have to account for these things. 

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Man, Hella smart idea! I might move mine. I also got mine free. But it's getting in the way of adjusting my shock

Man, Hella smart idea! I might move mine. I also got mine free. But it's getting in the way of adjusting my shock
Can't adjust it from the other side? 
Also maybe that's another reason why Yamaha didn't put it there..

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Can't adjust it from the other side? 
Also maybe that's another reason why Yamaha didn't put it there..

The adjustment wrench won't grab the next set of teeth on the shock adjustment from the other side. I need to do the next turn from the side with the brake reservoir

Welp, @xcarbonsteelx, there you go. There's your answer.

Archived