The MT-07 Forum

ASTech Seats

zombiphone

• 3 weeks later...
zombiphone
Problem with gel here is that temps are often quite cool, making (many) gels harden.

My seat never had an issue over the months of 30 degree mornings and 40 degree days when I was touring the northern US/Canada/Alaska. And it's definitely not squishy at all. I don't know the exact materials they use. I just know they work for me ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

zombiphone
Got my seat done by Astech and It is much better than stock. Only had some 60 mile rides so far butseems to get more comfortable the longer you set on it unlike the oem seat. My cover was torn so I hadit replaced with a luimoto cover. That's a collapsible tail bag on the rear seat. Sport bike guys I think. Cost was under $170.00  + my shipping to them. 004.jpg

005.jpg

Awesome! Glad they worked for you too! But mostly, I just wanted to say I had one of those fastpacks on my last street bike, and it was my favorite thing ever, haha

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

Problem with gel here is that temps are often quite cool, making (many) gels harden.
My seat never had an issue over the months of 30 degree mornings and 40 degree days when I was touring the northern US/Canada/Alaska. And it's definitely not squishy at all. I don't know the exact materials they use. I just know they work for me ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯
Most likely because of the gel used by Astech, which differ from most. From their own pages: 
Gels, What is the Difference?Everybody seems to be using some super special exotic gel like, super atomic gel, impact gel, saddle gel, butt buffer, butt buddy, skwoosh, gel seat, gseat, blue diamond, pro pad, super comfort gel pad, comfort max, and so on and so forth. All of these sound very cool, except they are all the same. A viscoelastic polymer gel, originally designed to simulate body fat. Very temperature sensitive, effective padding only when applied to the surface of the existing seat foam, offering minimal deflection. We have removed dozens of these.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Pulling up an old thread to see if there are any other experiences with this company? Took my first longer trip on the FZ this past weekend. Went from Olathe KS to Ponca AR to go on a hike. Took about 600 Miles round trip. My butt turned into hamburger meat and would love to have some extra padding to avoid this for any future trips. 

Apologies for pulling up an old thread. Just seemed like the best place to see if there are any updates on those who have used the service. (If there's a better method, feel free to let me know as I'm a newbie on this forum.)

• 2 months later...
On 6/6/2018 at 10:03 AM, GrnTardis said:

Pulling up an old thread to see if there are any other experiences with this company? Took my first longer trip on the FZ this past weekend. Went from Olathe KS to Ponca AR to go on a hike. Took about 600 Miles round trip. My butt turned into hamburger meat and would love to have some extra padding to avoid this for any future trips. 

Apologies for pulling up an old thread. Just seemed like the best place to see if there are any updates on those who have used the service. (If there's a better method, feel free to let me know as I'm a newbie on this forum.)

Well, this is a super late reply, but I can at least say that with around 67,000 miles on the clock (about 64 of that with this seat), I'm still super happy with it. My stock leather cover got a small tear in it from weathering, and it may be slightly less comfortable than it was on day one, but it's still pretty damn good, and I still do fine pounding out 500 mile days on it. I'll use them again when I have the money to have the cover redone and such!

• Global Moderator
3 hours ago, zombiphone said:

Well, this is a super late reply, but I can at least say that with around 67,000 miles on the clock (about 64 of that with this seat), I'm still super happy with it. My stock leather cover got a small tear in it from weathering, and it may be slightly less comfortable than it was on day one, but it's still pretty damn good, and I still do fine pounding out 500 mile days on it. I'll use them again when I have the money to have the cover redone and such!

admittedly zombie,, you're also pretty tiny

also. good to see you back

how's montana

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

1 minute ago, sorkyah said:

admittedly zombie,, you're also pretty tiny

also. good to see you back

how's montana

This is fair. But I'm still amazed that it took the heat of a Mexican summer followed by the WTF of a Montana winter before it started getting worn, haha. 

And I'm good! I'm in the process of moving to Boise until I can save up again to continue. Montana was unexpectedly terrible despite being beautiful (Small town thinking, extreme xenophobia against other countries AND other states, lack of industry or desire for change and progress, and a lack of people who care about motorcycles ruins that place. The six months of snow and complete lack of sunshine are almost minor complaints by comparison), but I'm hoping Idaho will be slightly better. It turns out, Glacier is the kind of place you really want to visit but don't actually want to live in, haha. Hardest part of long term moto-travel is actually figuring out where to settle, apparently!

• Global Moderator

yeah, and unfortunately growing up in So Cal doesnt usually help with the small town thinking..
it more becomes a 'When are they gonna turn on me?' reaction.

IIRC @Cruizin isnt too far from Boise, go bug the old goat. 

also, if Idaho doesnt work out, Tennessee is pretty damn nice most of the year.

anyway, pulled you off topic.... sorry

where was AStech again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

On 8/19/2018 at 12:29 PM, zombiphone said:

Awesome, thanks for the reply regardless of timing!! With the fall and winter weather just a couple months away for me, I can start throwing on all the updates on the bike without worrying about missing opportune riding weather. 

• 3 years later...
On 5/9/2017 at 9:55 AM, mcbrien said:

Got my seat done by Astech and It is much better than stock. Only had some 60 mile rides so far butseems to get more comfortable the longer you set on it unlike the oem seat. My cover was torn so I hadit replaced with a luimoto cover. That's a collapsible tail bag on the rear seat. Sport bike guys I think. Cost was under $170.00  + my shipping to them.
004.jpg

005.jpg

Sorry to revive this. But is this company based out of IN? I’m thinking about shipping my seat off and having this done. What was the material they used. I love the material they used here. 

Luimoto Seat Cover & Gel Inserts! With the Luimoto Tank Leafs as well, on both rider and passenger! I had my wife do it for me, and as you can see they came out flawless! 

A9B4419E-27A7-494C-8FCF-474576293E0D.jpeg

• Like 1