The MT-07 Forum

Hand Tools

captainmay

• Global Moderator

Is there any discernable model number on it?
If so you can call snapon customer service and look it up
had to do this for a few ratchets the tooltruck refused to warranty because the snapon name was rusted over

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

[em]"I have all Craftsman tools minus my allen keys." [/em]- garrim
Good point.  I've migrated to Bondhus on all hex and torx keys.  They actually do perform better than anything else, and lifetime warranted.  They also make a nice line of screwdrivers under the Felo name.  But, if I ever buy another set of screwdrivers, they will be the Wiha 530 series:
61sRD3DWqSL._SL1000_.jpg
Soft handles, bolster and metal cap that goes straight to the shaft, which you can strike with a hammer to loosen corroded screws.

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

• Premium Member

No, sorkyah, no number... it was taken in by the routeman and they kept it at a large Snap-On distributor for a couple weeks and still couldn't come up with when it was made--our main interest. It is an interesting piece with a "twisted," 45-degree connector and a 3/8" fitting in the bottom of the handle for another tool, perhaps an extension to be fitted, possibly for more leverage... who knows? But, an interesting piece, nontheless.

• Global Moderator

hmmm might be able to show the pic to one of the techs at work...
He left chevy to be a snapon tool guy in the late 70s before returning to wrenching
he might know something... hell hes got some off the wall tools himself

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived