The MT-07 Forum

XSR900 Now available in Canada

bikergeek

• Global Moderator

Thats only (USD)700ish more than the fz07..... hmmmm
Might need a trip up to canadia

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

I'd still pick the FZ over this one. The trustfund hipsters up here will gravitate towards this bike like hipsters to a 6-er of Pabst BR.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

For the price, I'd rather just get the FZ09. I really like the look of the FZ09, but that would have been a bad bike for me to have started on. I have already done two accidental wheelies. Had to learn about instant torque right off the bat. Can't imagine how I would have have handled any of the Yamaha 3 cylinder options.

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator

I love it, but like @ralph says, it's to much bike for me too.

2016_XSR900_Yellow_4.png

Good! At least it looks better than the FZ-09 (IMO) with it's old school styling and with that, the rear fender doesn't look so bad on it. Better than it did on the 07. Gotta love that slipper clutch!

Beemer

• Premium Member

I think it's pretty badass myself (and I have neither a beard nor a man-bun). If this had been available at this time last year, I may have ended up with one instead of the 07

Its a good looking machine other than the knacker-whacker on the rear fender.  If you've ever had to abandon ship you know what I mean.

Would have been nice had they tried to give it a little bigger gas tank.  14 litres isn't much for the 07 so its gotta be brutal with the bigger three cylinder.

Slipper clutch, abs, and traction control are features many may like to have.

After a full season of riding my 07,  no other offerings can sway me. I'm still in love with the little beauty.

$1,700 CAD more than the FZ-09 - ouch!

I wish the XSR700 looked as good though ... not sure we're getting that one yet though.

Current ride = 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom

Archived