The MT-07 Forum

Anyone Feel No Need for a Tail Tidy?

Guest 2wheeler

...... Except for the mirrors and not being able to see behind me!

Those will help "10mm CNC Motorcycle Mirror Riser Extender". They made a world of difference in the way that I can see behind me.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was my first ride in the rain with this bike. I may regret eliminating the rear fender. Rode about three miles and my back was covered with wet road grime.

@raceblue what was your procedure in modding your "tidytail"? 

It was really simple. I removed the aluminum bar, bolted the license plate unit directly to the bike. Then I cut two slits in the license plate unit so the rear plastics could fit back on.

Today was my first ride in the rain with this bike. I may regret eliminating the rear fender. Rode about three miles and my back was covered with wet road grime.  

I had the same problem when I cut the fender on my ZRX because it was so big and ugly on that bike. I happen to have an uncut ZRX fender that I might graft onto my FZ-07. I think it'll look much better than the stock FZ unit but keep me clean. It's funny how all things are relative. ::) 

that is why I kept mine. it's nice not having a stripe up your back. plus I can't see it when i'm on the bike anyway. 

I've got another bike (92 katana 1100) I'll be ridin on rainy days. Barely get wet on that one. Save my fz for dry weather.

twowheeladdict

I look to extend the rear fenders on my touring bikes to keep the rain and debris off my gear.

Know how cagers don't look for us, I also add more lighting to my bikes, front and rear, so reducing the lighting is not something I plan on doing.
412263762.jpg

Skene Design LEDs added to the sides of the licence plate.

2015 FZ-07

Archived