The MT-07 Forum

Went Down Yesterday

azuryn

So I felt well enough to go out and have a look atmy bike again, looks like my signal light took a small hit but it's probably only like 20 bucks to replace so no biggie. Got a nice scratch on my givi screen but I think I can give it some tlc and buff most of it out. Also scratched the tip of the front end fork, can barely tell it's there. Also a slight scratch on the front wheel cover, which I am pretty sure can be buffed out of existence.

So the scratches on the side panel are limited to the air scoop, can these be purchased separately from the side panel?

Hurts to see my baby all scratched up. = (

Again please don't mind my phone's auto correct bad grammar.

• Global Moderator

Yes, the black scoops come as separate pieces

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Yup, I had to replace my right one and the rad cover. You have to remember to purchase a new emblem also.

PhotoGrid_1451892513468_1.jpg

SigSide.jpg

Yup, I had to replace my right one and the rad cover. You have to remember to purchase a new emblem also. 
PhotoGrid_1451892513468_1.jpg

How much did they run you? And is the scoop easy to remove from the tank side panel?

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I don't remember, but it's not expensive. I got the air duct from mrcycles.com and the rad cover from partzilla.com. I would check the prices on both sites as they are different depending on the part. It is really easy to install. The only thing that takes time is swapping the metal vents. Also, just be careful of your surroundings when you're separating the air duct from the side panel, because when I was doing it, I accidentally dropped my side panel. You could easily scratch your paint. If anything, separate them on a soft surface.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

Scoop removal takes 30 seconds - 5 screws.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
Scoop removal takes 30 seconds - 5 screws.
After the tank panel is removed....
so like 13 screws and a push pin

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Glad to hear your ok ! To all of you offering to help our fellow rider and forum member with replacement parts and advice,...........YOU ROCK !

• 1 month later...

Dropped mine on the right side. Other than some cosmetic damage my alignment was off and I'm paying the shop at my dealership like 550.

Archived