The MT-07 Forum

RUKKA CERES GLOVES

jake

• Premium Member

So I purchased the gloves a while back for a great price of around 160 bucks. At the time they were 220 something like that, it was 60 bucks off the sticker price. So I was down for spending that kind of money since I've spent a ton of cash on several pairs of gloves around a 100 bucks that I wore out in only a few months.
Made in CHINA....
so after looking at them I found the made in china label. From first glance the gloves seem to be very well made. The carbon fiber seems legit and the knuckles cover the width of my fist. The liner is nice easy on easy off. Lots of double stitching and the leather seems good.
I will not have a real chance to try them out till  late April but I thought is anyone was on the fence about getting these this might help. Sorry I cant find that price for them any more on Amizon.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rukka-ceres-gore-tex-gloves

2XL for my fat hands if you are close to the next size up go up.
If I had known they were made in CHINA I would not have bought them. But that dose not mean this product is crap it seems good.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

So I took a short ride today 39 F for about an hour and at the end of the ride my thumb and index finger were cold .... I have heated grips and hand guards. I bought these gloves for cold weather and because it was suggested that these glove would be ideal with heated grips. I have liners that will cure that but that's not what I had in mind for these gloves. They did keep my hands dry.

On a side note my cheep shorty levers off amazon for 30 bucks worked great and my Klim rain gear kept me dry and warm.

"Made in China" hasn't been any indication of quality regarding anything for over a decade now at least. I really wish people would stop using that to think otherwise, they are missing out on a LOT of good things. My cranky 2¢

• Premium Member
"Made in China" hasn't been any indication of quality regarding anything for over a decade now at least. I really wish people would stop using that to think otherwise, they are missing out on a LOT of good things. My cranky 2¢
My problem is not that its made in china most everything is these days, my problem is that Rukka labels it like its made Finland, its deceiving. 

My problem is not that its made in china most everything is these days, my problem is that Rukka labels it like its made Finland, its deceiving.
Ah yeah, that is understandable.

• Premium Member
One has to go with a well established brand name to get something worthwhile from the sweat shops; the standards of manufacturing/ QC are completely different between established brands and those that arent. In my extensive experience with chinese products and after living in China for an extended period, if the product is not "original / genuine" then there's a pretty damn good chance it is complete and utter crap.  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Archived