biggaudi

Delkevic vs OEM

biggaudi
For those looking to get a comparison regarding looks and sound, check out my link. Turn up your volumes a bit. Sounds great in person and looks smooth. 
  • Like 2

AlbatrossCafe
Sweet! The camera mic never does an exhaust justice, but it still sounds great. Those LEDs are real nice too... you have a toggle for them or are they always on?
  • Like 1

biggaudi
@ albatrosscafe The LEDs are a toggle. Can switch through a bunch of different color options. Comes with a big remote and a mini one (key fob). Plus there is a main on/off switch you attach to bike. It is the OPT 7 kit, specifically this one http://www.amazon.com/3-into-1-Motorcycle-Multi-Color-Accent-Cruisers/dp/B00SUNH7GY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451717831&sr=8-1&keywords=opt+7+led+light+kit+for+motorcycle
  • Like 2

dony
For those looking to get a comparison regarding looks and sound, check out my link. Turn up your volumes a bit. Sounds great in person and looks smooth. 
I am thinking of getting this exhaust. do you have a fuel controller? Do you get any popping? Have you lost any low end torque? How is your fuel economy compaired to stock? Thanks

biggaudi
@dony I have used it now for over 4k miles and I like it. No fuel controller. I flashed my ecu through 2wheeldynoworks. I have no popping now. I average approx 50mpg. Power feels good. Ideally it would be good to get it up on a dyno after the flash to get it smoothed out

dony
 I spoke to a rep from Delkevic with the same questons and he clearly said this exhaust was developed with the same size pipes as thw stock and dyno tested in the factory so any type of controller or reflash would not only be unnecessary but also a complete was of time as the bike would run perfect out of the box and was plug and play. I guess they will tell you anything to sell there exhausts because everyone I come across that has one reports that it runs less than perfect out of the box.

norcal616
Only exhaust that runs perfect outta the box is OEM compared to aftermarket...The Akrapovic Ti with the catalytic converter and baffle in,  is the closest aftermarket exhaust that runs perfect outta the box as Yamaha in Europe sell Yamaha bikes off the floor with Akra Ti installed if owner wants to buy one as an option upgrade...

mjh937
I have the 2WDW flash with the stock exhaust and it runs much better. The stock tuning is far from perfect, even with the stock exhaust.

biggaudi
Yeah the 2wdw smoothed things out nicely and the bike felt more responsive afterwards. Plus the fan turns on sooner, keeps the bike cooler

Simbadc650
ive had this pipe loved it but too long for me, moved to S1R1