The MT-07 Forum

New Rider in Ohio!

jackimpact

Hey guys! Just bought my first bike, 2016 FZ-07 in Raven/Black. 

Its cold, I like learning to ride. Lets hope I wait a bit before putting that baby down on pavement. 

1455_10150570287374967_5220722769119170340_n.jpg?oh=6b2ca5b92721b485fc7901ff7c337127&oe=570C044E

• Premium Member

Awesome stuff! Welcome to the best FZ forum around. Enjoy your new ride!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome and nice ride! If you have not done so already, take the basic MSF course.

• Global Moderator

Welcome dude.... kayaker is right... msf basics are the way to go

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I would if it wasnt December haha! The last one was end of November and I was not able to attend because of work. I will be taking one, not only for the practice but the discount on my insurance!

Welcome and nice ride, I love a bike that's all black. Best looking paint when clean and shiny, IMO. Don't see you on the member map so where from in Ohio? I lived in Troy for 17 yrs. myself.

Beemer

Agreed, black has got to be the new "Fastest Color". Gorgeous!
Also, agree about the safety course, but do learn how to ride it before the course. I just finished it a few months ago, and can tell you it progresses far too quickly for someone to actually learn how to ride comfortably.
I'm in Northeastern Ohio (3-1/2 hours away), and it's way too cold for me lately.  I could be wrong, but I think in these temperatures, even if the road is dry, it's going to be easy to slide out due to super cold tires.  You can test that by seeing how easily the rear tire locks up while stopping in a straight line.  Better than finding out through a turn!

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

A few of us here in Dayton. We'll have to hit you up when the weather changes. We often ride east into the hill...old man's cave area.

• Premium Member

If you haven't already started the "modding" process, might I recommend a set of frame sliders to start with. Relatively inexpensive peace of mind...

• Premium Member

Welcome! Ohio FTW! This winter has been milder, maybe you can get out there sooner than you think :-)

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• 2 weeks later...

Have done some changes.

Frame sliders
Yoshi fender kit
Clutch and Brake levers
Windscreen

Please feel free to hit me up. Would be nice to go out with some experienced riders so when I mess up I am not alone haha.

Archived