The MT-07 Forum

Help a big guy find leather gear

ctrlsave

Hopefully someone in here can help. Looking for recommendations for race leather pants that would fit a larger person. I'm 6'2“ and wear a 42 x 32 in Levi 501`s. I'm thinking about the Astars Missle Airflow pants but am unsure if "off the shelf" leathers would fit. I do have a Cortech Adrenaline 2 jacket in 2xl that does fit me so maybe the Astars would work. Just looking for your experience in gear for something that is usually slightly bigger in the thigh area. Thanks in advance!

• Premium Member

There's a company that makes custom race leathers (full suits though, not just pants AFAIK) -- I just cannot recall their name. I think @admin knows...

There's a company that makes custom race leathers (full suits though, not just pants AFAIK) -- I just cannot recall their name. I think @admin knows...
I appreciate the help! I may need a full 1 piece in the future. Hoping for pants right now.

• Premium Member

Hey there! Not sure if you are dead set on leather; if not I would recommend checking out "Motoport". It isnt leather nor is it cheap but its all custom made and really high end stuff. They claim 5-10 times stonger than leather with a much longer lifespan etc and from the research Ive done it's apparently worth every penny. Their site is packed with info.

http://www.motoport.com

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Hey there! Not sure if you are dead set on leather; if not I would recommend checking out "Motoport". It isnt leather nor is it cheap but its all custom made and really high end stuff. They claim 5-10 times stonger than leather with a much longer lifespan etc and from the research Ive done it's apparently worth every penny. Their site is packed with info.  
Thanks for the link. The amount of protection offered is pretty amazing. You're right it is on the expensive side but really not horrible considering what you're getting. Unfortunately, I'm a bit too impatient to wait 12 weeks.

• Premium Member
Thanks for the link. The amount of protection offered is pretty amazing. You're right it is on the expensive side but really not horrible considering what you're getting. Unfortunately, I'm a bit too impatient to wait 12 weeks.
No problem at all!  Man, 12 weeks. I have been aching to buy a pair of pants and a jacket, but the low cdn $ makes it about 1G each after customizing. Too rich for this guy at the moment.   Let us know who you decide to go with.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
Vanson makes custom leather suits but they are pricey. The Aerostich Transit would also be good. If you are concerned about fit these brands would be best suited to tailor to your size.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Thanks for the help everyone! I went ahead and ordered the Cortech Apex 2.0 pants and am crossing my fingers that they'll fit. The Motoport and Vanson are both good options for me to look into if these Cortech's don't work. I also saw a pant by Fly Racing called the Apex which is available in some larger sizes. I just don't know much about Fly Racing other than they're more know for motocross gear.

Received my Cortech Apex 2.0 pants today. In case anyone looks at this thread later looking for tha same information the pants in XXL fit perfectly. I'm also very happy with the quality of these pants.

Archived