The MT-07 Forum

What did you get for Christmas?

tino206

• Premium Member

The wife was good me to me and blew the budget out of the water by getting the following:

-Skully helmet (Black)-Hopefully will arrive in March

Skully.com

-Dainese 4 Stroke EVO Gloves
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-4-stroke-evo-gloves

-Klim K Fifty 1 Jeans
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/klim-k-fifty-1-jeans

What did you all get from Santa, significant other or from yourself?

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I'm getting a new pair of riding pants. Kevlar and armor pockets sewn in by ruste protection in Europe.

• Global Moderator
I'm getting a new pair of riding pants. Kevlar and armor pockets sewn in by ruste protection in Europe.
Meant to ask... hows the gf liking her pants?
Was thinking about sending some of my gf's favorites off for an upfit

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

She really likes them. They are very well built. Very warm however as they are full kevlar down to the ankles. Really need to go up a size as the kevlar and coolmax adds a bit of thickness. Tight fitting jeans are out for sure.

• Global Moderator

So not an arizona summer pant then
maybe i'll get a size or two up and send those off for the upfit
Any suggestions?

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Any riding jeans will be hot in Arizona summers just ride faster you have the fastest color bike. I have a pair of scorpion riding pants and they were miserable in Alabama this summer 95-105 deg and 19000% humidity. Those are nice pants but don't fit me well enough to get away with wearing them into the office all day.

I'm sending a pair or ariat m3 fire resistant pants one waist size larger than what I usually wear. My girlfriend sent in a pair of Tuff jeans one size larger (don't get me started on the idiocy of woman's pants sizes) and they were perfect. They are both cowboy jeans but they have nice heavy denim, built pretty well, and some don't have the a$$ pocket bling crap that I can't stand. For whatever reason it seems wrong to take a $20 pair of wranglers and turn them into Kevlar riding pants.

• Global Moderator

not for me.... i have the faster bike... but the gf is on a Blu/matte silver r3
I guess ill ruin the surprise then and ask her to get a pair larger to send in

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Nah just find out what her fav pair are and buy a new one a size up and send those in. If you want knee protectors you really need to mark them when she's on the bike or they could be in the wrong spot when on the bike. That's the only down side to a completed surprise pair.

Nothing big, expensive or fancy but with the $$$ Santa put under my pillow I bought some t-shirts. (I can't have too many.) I've received one already and waiting on the other two. Got them all off Amazon. If anyone is looking for any nostalgic t-shirts or any at all they have more than you can imagine.

[attachment id=1211" thumbnail="1]

[attachment id=1212" thumbnail="1] Popeye - King of the Road t-shirt

[attachment id=1213" thumbnail="1] Herculoids t-shirt (childhood cartoon) Am I the only person that watched the Herculoids growing up? Am I the oldest sob here?!  :-/

Beemer

• Premium Member
...Am I the only person that watched the Herculoids growing up? Am I the oldest sob here?!  :-/
I watched them too, but honestly that show came out ('67) a year before I was born.  My big show as a kid was Speed Racer.

• Global Moderator

Speed racer, herculoids, space ghost, wacky racers, yogi bear,
shows came out long before i was born.... but vhs was a wonderful thing

I got a new Joe rocket Old School Jacket from the wife:

joerocket_oldschool_jackets_black_zpsrldfkkdy.jpg

From the in-laws I got CRG mirrors and Rhinomoto bar ends:

rm150-0163_zpslyl14jcy.jpg

crg_arrow_bar_end_mirror_black_1_zpsutm8lbyt.jpg

• Premium Member

I got close to 500 bucks in cah, but sent that towards the bike payment!!!
I got a camera for xmas.
I got myself the schuberth c3 pro helmet
I got a ram mount phone holder and a bike charger.

• Premium Member
@tino206 I think you just started this thread to brag about how awesome your wife is. LOL
nah, I was curious how your loved ones enabled you on your riding addiction, mine had a hard time with the bike and then now she clearly cares about me loving riding

• Premium Member
@tino206 I think you just started this thread to brag about how awesome your wife is. LOL
Pfft...what kind of loser would start a dedicated thread to brag about how....awesome......my....... oh wait.... 
:D:D:D

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

You guys are a tough crowd..just let this thread die and call it good..so much for a conversation starter

...Am I the only person that watched the Herculoids growing up? Am I the oldest sob here?!  :-/
I watched them too, but honestly that show came out ('67) a year before I was born.  My big show as a kid was Speed Racer.
Hell yeah, Speed Racer! When it first came out I wasn't sure if I liked the looks of the characters being that they were of Japanese style art with the big eyes, the way they moved all seemed foreign/weird to me but there was something about it that grew on me and I couldn't get enough of it as time passed. I guess I caved in to interest of Speed, the Mach 5, Chim-chim, Racer X and Trixie. It had a lot going on and I almost bought a Racer X t-shirt but they didn't have it in my size, poop! There were others though so I'll get one later when I've decided which I like best. You should check them out and get ya one, they're cool!

Beemer

I got a £100 voucher for the local Yamaha store, aftershave, clothes and some wireless headphones....
From myself I got a Drift Stealth Cam, radiator guard (already fitted), shorty levers, seat cowl, belly pan, tail tidy, radiator scoops, rim stickers and a shock tube :)  and I still want to get some frame sliders, front and rear wheel sliders and a windscreen 8-)  then maybe a re-flash and new suspension....

Archived