The MT-07 Forum

Ram Mount X-Grip IV Installed

jeffkisthename

Fearedbynone

my setup, for note 5. they make smaller X-Grips for smaller phones.

mounting base for FZ-07 with 1 inch ball - www.bruudtcnc.de/shop/product_info.php?info=p261_bruudt-navigation-mounting-ball-for-the-yamaha-mt-07.html

Middle Part - Socket Arm - http://www.amazon.com/Mount-Composite-Double-Socket-1-Inch/dp/B005KWPJ04?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

X-Grip with safety strap - http://www.amazon.com/Texel-WebGrip-X-Grip-Cradle-TXL-HOL-UN10BR/dp/B015DEUJS0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01

Hope this helps

Dave

jeffkisthename

I have a question about using a phone for gps purposes. With my tablet I wouldn't even think about using it for gps because of how I can't see anything on the screen in the sunlight, it's total sh*t and would have to rely on voice commands which I wouldn't like much, so are the screens for those phones brighter or better in the sun or would you have to rely on voice commands for it to be effective as well? 

Beemer

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename 
I have a question about using a phone for gps purposes. With my tablet I wouldn't even think about using it for gps because of how I can't see anything on the screen in the sunlight, it's total sh*t and would have to rely on voice commands which I wouldn't like much, so are the screens for those phones brighter or better in the sun or would you have to rely on voice commands for it to be effective as well? 
the auto brightness function on yoyr phone should allow use in full sun, however glare tends to be a problem
I have used window tint asa screen protector/ anti glare measyre on my note 2/s3 and it worjed realtively well

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
jeffkisthename 
I have used my phone for GPS using Google Maps and had no issue. Mind you, this is with a tinted windscreen, which you do have. Pretty soon I might be changing my headlight, so we'll see if I even have a windscreen later. I may need to buy one of those ram mounts Dave mentioned earlier.

SigSide.jpg

Archived