Sign in to follow this  
jeffkisthename

Ram Mount X-Grip IV Installed

jeffkisthename
Finally pulled the trigger on a Ram Mount!!! Well, here's all the pieces I got:

DSC_0561.jpg

I'm going to mount this aluminum diamond base on a strip of metal I got at Home Depot.

DSC_0563.jpg

I got the small 2" aluminum clamp. I hope this works, but if not, I'll need the medium 3".

DSC_0566.jpg

I decided to get the X-Grip IV, because it's made for bigger phones, and the normal X-Grip would hit my power button, where this mount will interfere only with the volume up button.

DSC_0573.jpg

This here is a band to help hold the phone in place. Got it just to ensure that my phone won't fly off the X-Grip, but the X-Grip doesn't seem to really need it if you place your phone in there securely.

DSC_0564.jpg

X-Grip without band and Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in.

DSC_0575.jpg

X-Grip with band and Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in.

DSC_0579.jpg

Back of X-Grip with the band.

DSC_0580.jpg

This is the piece of metal I needed to install the diamond base onto the FZ.

DSC_0587.jpg

Gonna put that piece right here.  I'm going to drill some holes in the plate and use the existing holes here.

DSC_0588.jpg

Just like that, It's mounted.  Just gotta paint it, but I'll do that after I check fitment.

DSC_0590.jpg

X-Grip IV mounted.

DSC_0591.jpg

Sits behind the Givi Windscreen.

DSC_0592.jpg

I know, my windscreen is diiiiiiiiirrrrrrrty!!!

DSC_0593.jpg

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on the X-Grip IV.

DSC_0602.jpg

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on the X-Grip IV with the band.

DSC_0608.jpg

Oh, and some key hole action  ;)

DSC_0609.jpg

It's raining, so I can't test it out, but it is solid.  I just painted the bracket, so I won't be able to install it permanently until that dries. Thanks for looking!!!

DSC_0586.jpg

• Like 5

jeffkisthename
Painted the bracket black.

DSC_0735.jpg

DSC_0736.jpg

DSC_0737.jpg

DSC_0738.jpg

DSC_0739.jpg

I made sure to put the adjustment for the clamp on the left side, because there's more room to access it on the left. Also, I put the phone on the X-Grip with the home button on the left, because it's easier to access that and swipe with my left hand (right hand is for throttle and brake).

DSC_0740.jpg
  • Like 2

Mr.Puss
Nice man! That windscreen bracket you made has become quite versitile. Very nice applications.

• Like 1

forcefed86
Looks awesome!! I just got mine today as well and i think im mounting it next to the left side mirror so i can record with the phone!!
  • Like 1

jeffkisthename
Looks awesome!! I just got mine today as well and i think im mounting it next to the left side mirror so i can record with the phone!!
Dude, the X-Grip is awesome.  I really need a Power Outlet now though haha.  In order for me to record, I'd need a bigger clamp.  Hmmm...maybe I'll order the medium and the large just to have.  Have fun recording, and show us some videos!

forcefed86
Dude, the X-Grip is awesome.  I really need a Power Outlet now though haha.  In order for me to record, I'd need a bigger clamp.  Hmmm...maybe I'll order the medium and the large just to have.  Have fun recording, and show us some videos!
20151228_221355_zpswcdqntxc.jpg 
I picked up this usb outlet for 15 bucks at cycle gear. Im also using the note 4 phone but i think if you mount it next to the left side mirro you can see everything fine. ..your set-up came out clean though!!!
  • Like 1

jeffkisthename
20151228_221355_zpswcdqntxc.jpg 
I picked up this usb outlet for 15 bucks at cycle gear. Im also using the note 4 phone but i think if you mount it next to the left side mirro you can see everything fine. ..your set-up came out clean though!!!
I like the USB style outlets, but I want the cigarette style outlet, so I can plug in a Qualcomm approved car fast charger. That way I can fast charge my Note 4.

babisstinson
Thank you for sharing this, I was looking for a decent mount for my MT-07 and this might just be the one.
What a great setup you have there!
  • Like 1

jake
Had that Ram mount for 10,000 miles love that thing never had an issue with my phone coming out. Juts picked up the rubber band thing the other day for it and I don't think you really need it but its piece of mind.

• Like 1

Simbadc650
nice clean look!

jeffkisthename
The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle heavy duty case fits perfectly and even better than the Note 5. There's no button interference whatsoever. Lovely.

DSC_1356.jpg
  • Like 1

sorkyah
The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle heavy duty case fits perfectly and even better than the Note 5. There's no button interference whatsoever. Lovely. 
DSC_1356.jpg
Not enough miles on that thing yet :P
(Though you have more than me)

jeffkisthename
DSC_1356.jpg
Not enough miles on that thing yet :P (Though you have more than me)
Haha, I get to hit 19k tomorrow Yay!