The MT-07 Forum

Spring mods; first timer

yamahappy74

• Premium Member

So I'm not certain, but depending on money, I think I've settled on my first mods for spring. I really, REALLY like the Woodcraft clip-ons and I was thinking I might do the R6 throttle conversion as well. I've done mods in the past, on my '03 R6, but never anything that involved messing with the triple tree. Is it difficult? Any special tools I might need for this?

If there's one thing I miss about a sport bike vs the FZ, it's the aggressive stance. I want that back. I can't afford rear sets yet, but you can bet I'll get to that eventually if I like the feel of the clip-ons.

as a much cheaper alternative to the Woodcraft system (they make a very nice product, mind) try Buell 1125 CR "bull horns" or what looks like a similar product - Bike Master Clubman Handlebars

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Motorboat McGoat

I've been using the Woodcraft kit (the 1" facing down) for a few months and to me it's made a night & day difference. I feel so much more at home with the aggressive stance everywhere I go (especially romping local canyons). I'm 5'9" and don't feel TOO cramped from leaning forward so much more, although new rear-sets or an adjustment plate would be really nice for the angle change; something I will definitely change when the funds are available, so keep that in mind too. :D

I went with the kit for how easy it works, the adapter plate was super simple to install. Keeping everything on the bars was a little tricky though as there's not as much room to work with. I kept the original mirror setup and I like it. You'd definitely have to do more modding if you wanted to install bar end mirrors at that point.

kiwion2wheels

Hey mate, i love my clip on's no regrets at all worth every penny. I went with the 1' in the up position for a more aggressive than stock but still comfy for them long rides. you will need a drill and 5mm bit from memory for the bars themselves as the controls have these little nobly bits on them to stop them from spinning on the bars and just an alen key set. fairly basic stuff. i have also done the R6 mod, cheap and effective. wrist doesn't have to twist as far around for open throttle, no special tools required as well =)

Archived