The MT-07 Forum

Woodcraft Frame Sliders Installed

jeffkisthename

• Global Moderator
Do the bolts get torqued to 40 ft lbs? Thought I saw that somewhere.
a9326e9dc7ed6e886052b80bb4375b93.jpg

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Going to be installing mine on Wednesday. Is the bolt torqued to 35 foot pounds? Great pics and details. Thanks

• Global Moderator
Just so you guys know, Woodcraft has updated their slider base design. 
Notice how the engine side of the Slider is tapered in. The Slider on the left is the old design. Notice the paint being rubbed off and metal showing. The redesign makes sense. It was a pain in the ass to get the old one off.

BTW, full disclosure, the reason for replacement is because I didn't fully torque the first set of sliders and the left one fell off. So...save yourself some money and remember to torque your sliders LOL.
Glad to know i wasnt the only one having issues taking them off

I actually had to drill out the puck bolt
and while doing so... found out the right slider bolt was loose... causing a bigger headache

Going to be installing mine on Wednesday. Is the bolt torqued to 35 foot pounds? Great pics and details. Thanks

To which bolt are you referring?

Just so you guys know, Woodcraft has updated their slider base design. 
Notice how the engine side of the Slider is tapered in. The Slider on the left is the old design. Notice the paint being rubbed off and metal showing. The redesign makes sense. It was a pain in the ass to get the old one off.

BTW, full disclosure, the reason for replacement is because I didn't fully torque the first set of sliders and the left one fell off. So...save yourself some money and remember to torque your sliders LOL.
and while doing so... found out the right slider bolt was loose... causing a bigger headache

The Woodcraft replacement bolt that connects the slider base to the bike. The bolt that is replacing the stock 17mm bolt.

• Global Moderator

The Woodcraft replacement bolt that connects the slider base to the bike. The bolt that is replacing the stock 17mm bolt.

Bolt specs are posted above...
54 ft-lbs with antiseize applied for the engine mounts

I emailed Woodcraft directly and they just responded 35-40 foot pounds (with anti seize). Glad I checked before i torqued to 54 pounds!

• Global Moderator
I emailed Woodcraft directly and they just responded 35-40 foot pounds (with anti seize). Glad I checked before i torqued to 54 pounds!
I posted service manual specs above
thats where i got the spec from

Archived