DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0525.jpg

DSC_0526.jpg

DSC_0527.jpg

DSC_0528.jpg

The Install:

Removed this bolt with a 17mm Socket.

DSC_0529.jpg

Factory bolt on the left, and supplied Woodcraft bolt on the right.  Had to put a little bit of anti-sieze on the supplied bolt.

DSC_0531.jpg

Installed the Slider base.  Made sure to install with the threaded hole up.

DSC_0533.jpg

With the threaded hole on the upside, the Woodcraft engraving is leveled and parallel to the ground.

DSC_0534.jpg

Now for just random shots of how far it sticks out and what not:

DSC_0538.jpg

DSC_0547.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0558.jpg

DSC_0549.jpg

DSC_0545.jpg

Hope this helps someone in choosing their sliders.

SigSide.jpg

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

• Global Moderator

They make ok highway pegs if you have tiny legs

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator

I like the idea of the replacement pucks. If I did not already have sliders these would probably be the ones I would get. Thanks for the photos.

Great post man. I've been eyeing the short puck option for a while now, would love to get an imperial measurement of how far they stand off from the bike to help me decide. (Looks about 3" from the frame to the face of the puck...)

• Global Moderator

Great post man. I've been eyeing the short puck option for a while now, would love to get an imperial measurement of how far they stand off from the bike to help me decide. (Looks about 3" from the frame to the face of the puck...)

db027f311fb5ed0df2c934115bb91042.jpg

That help
?

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
I actually have the Standard sized pucks. The short pucks would look even better, but the protection I don't know. I have been down before on the right side, and the "only" damage I got was to my right fork (had I installed fork sliders they would have been fine), right intake duct, Rad Guard cover, water pump cover, bent handle bars, and rear sets.  I think if I had the frame slider installed, the only damage would have been bent handle bars and damaged rear sets.  Btw I was hit while lane splitting, but I was only going around 20-25 MPH.

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator

thnx jeff
They show up darker in the picture than in person
if i remember right they are the standard size pucks, the shorties are only available in the Delrin option

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

@sorkyah the new R1 versions look really cool too, but I don't think they'd fit our slider mounts, but are the most low profile, if aesthetics, or form goes before function. Some people are like that haha.

SigSide.jpg

I actually have the Standard sized pucks. The short pucks would look even better, but the protection I don't know. I have been down before on the right side, and the "only" damage I got was to my right fork (had I installed fork sliders they would have been fine), right intake duct, Rad Guard cover, water pump cover, bent handle bars, and rear sets.  I think if I had the frame slider installed, the only damage would have been bent handle bars and damaged rear sets.  Btw I was hit while lane splitting, but I was only going around 20-25 MPH.
They look amazing and are definitely the nicest ones out there IMO. Fork and rear axle sliders are also on the radar...just don't want them to take away from the 'cool' factor. 
PS - no more lane splitting, the Cager's don't give a damn

thnx jeff They show up darker in the picture than in person
if i remember right they are the standard size pucks, the shorties are only available in the Delrin option
Short ones only in black is correct. 
So that's a solid aluminum puck instead of Delrin, eh? They do look good in red I have to admit :)

I think Jeff is right about 'function over fashion', and they don't stick out all that far after all.

• Premium Member

Most excellent post as well as your photography skills. Just bought some of these, only with the short puck.

ride safe

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Most excellent post as well as your photography skills. Just bought some of these, only with the short puck.  

ride safe
You've got to post some install photos here when you're done!

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

You've got to post some install photos here when you're done!
Ok, will do. I finally pulled the trigger on these due to your write up.  (:))

• Premium Member

jeffkisthename, I went with the same kit only the "shorty" pucks;  P-)

Frame%20Sliders%202_zpswqqvd93z.jpg

Frame%20Sliders_zpsbblzkzky.jpg

torqued em to 40lbs.

• Premium Member
@11btrusty looks excellent bud!!!
Thanks a lot; been on the fence with which frame sliders; your post sealed the deal! The shortys are 1/4" shorter, I think. Kind of odd they fail to offer a recomended torque value . . . :|
But still really like them; the quality is fantastic!

KAPUYA!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Just so you guys know, Woodcraft has updated their slider base design.

DSC_1026.jpg

Notice how the engine side of the Slider is tapered in. The Slider on the left is the old design. Notice the paint being rubbed off and metal showing. The redesign makes sense. It was a pain in the ass to get the old one off.

BTW, full disclosure, the reason for replacement is because I didn't fully torque the first set of sliders and the left one fell off. So...save yourself some money and remember to torque your sliders LOL.

SigSide.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

The bases are sold in pairs... the pucks aeparatelyp

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

If anyone wants to buy the full set, sportbiketrackgear.com sells the sliders as a set.

SigSide.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member

Do the bolts get torqued to 40 ft lbs? Thought I saw that somewhere.

Archived