DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0525.jpg

DSC_0526.jpg

DSC_0527.jpg

DSC_0528.jpg

The Install:

Removed this bolt with a 17mm Socket.

DSC_0529.jpg

Factory bolt on the left, and supplied Woodcraft bolt on the right.  Had to put a little bit of anti-sieze on the supplied bolt.

DSC_0531.jpg

Installed the Slider base.  Made sure to install with the threaded hole up.

DSC_0533.jpg

With the threaded hole on the upside, the Woodcraft engraving is leveled and parallel to the ground.

DSC_0534.jpg

Now for just random shots of how far it sticks out and what not:

DSC_0538.jpg

DSC_0547.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0558.jpg

DSC_0549.jpg

DSC_0545.jpg

Hope this helps someone in choosing their sliders.

• Like 6

sorkyah
They make ok highway pegs if you have tiny legs
  • Like 4

mjh937
I like the idea of the replacement pucks. If I did not already have sliders these would probably be the ones I would get. Thanks for the photos.
  • Like 2

Holderosa
Great post man. I've been eyeing the short puck option for a while now, would love to get an imperial measurement of how far they stand off from the bike to help me decide. (Looks about 3" from the frame to the face of the puck...)

sorkyah

Great post man. I've been eyeing the short puck option for a while now, would love to get an imperial measurement of how far they stand off from the bike to help me decide. (Looks about 3" from the frame to the face of the puck...)

db027f311fb5ed0df2c934115bb91042.jpg

That help
?
  • Like 2

Holderosa
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks @sorkyah!

jeffkisthename
I actually have the Standard sized pucks. The short pucks would look even better, but the protection I don't know. I have been down before on the right side, and the "only" damage I got was to my right fork (had I installed fork sliders they would have been fine), right intake duct, Rad Guard cover, water pump cover, bent handle bars, and rear sets.  I think if I had the frame slider installed, the only damage would have been bent handle bars and damaged rear sets.  Btw I was hit while lane splitting, but I was only going around 20-25 MPH.
  • Like 1

jeffkisthename
@sorkyah nice sliders you have there bud  :D

sorkyah
thnx jeff
They show up darker in the picture than in person
if i remember right they are the standard size pucks, the shorties are only available in the Delrin option

jeffkisthename
@sorkyah the new R1 versions look really cool too, but I don't think they'd fit our slider mounts, but are the most low profile, if aesthetics, or form goes before function. Some people are like that haha.
  • Like 1

Holderosa
I actually have the Standard sized pucks. The short pucks would look even better, but the protection I don't know. I have been down before on the right side, and the "only" damage I got was to my right fork (had I installed fork sliders they would have been fine), right intake duct, Rad Guard cover, water pump cover, bent handle bars, and rear sets.  I think if I had the frame slider installed, the only damage would have been bent handle bars and damaged rear sets.  Btw I was hit while lane splitting, but I was only going around 20-25 MPH.
They look amazing and are definitely the nicest ones out there IMO. Fork and rear axle sliders are also on the radar...just don't want them to take away from the 'cool' factor. 
PS - no more lane splitting, the Cager's don't give a damn

Holderosa
thnx jeff They show up darker in the picture than in person
if i remember right they are the standard size pucks, the shorties are only available in the Delrin option
Short ones only in black is correct. 
So that's a solid aluminum puck instead of Delrin, eh? They do look good in red I have to admit :)

I think Jeff is right about 'function over fashion', and they don't stick out all that far after all.

11B_Trusty
Most excellent post as well as your photography skills. Just bought some of these, only with the short puck.

ride safe
  • Like 2

jeffkisthename
Most excellent post as well as your photography skills. Just bought some of these, only with the short puck.  

ride safe
You've got to post some install photos here when you're done!
  • Like 2