The MT-07 Forum

Genuine Yamaha Accessory LED Blinkers Installed

jeffkisthename

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
That you have to figure out by not fully attaching the wires, but connecting them in the right position, so you can color code. I hacked the OEM signal harnesses, because I'm never using the stock pumpkins ever again.
There's really no excuse not to use a multimeter to ID wiring, if you can't spare the money go get the free one at harbor freight. If you get in the habit of randomly wiring stuff up an see if you go it right you will eventually mess something up.
True, but you should be able to follow the wiring color code too though. I've done plenty of wiring in my time, and you just really have to follow the diagrams. Well, that's if the wiring hasn't been unmolested.

SigSide.jpg

twowheeladdict

Those do look good. I am in the school of thought that more lights are better than less. I run Skenedesign LED lights on the sides of the license plate and LED running lights up front on most of my bikes. I will do the same on the FZ-07.

2015 FZ-07

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Those do look good. I am in the school of thought that more lights are better than less. I run Skenedesign LED lights on the sides of the license plate and LED running lights up front on most of my bikes. I will do the same on the FZ-07.
Was thinking of doing something similar.

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Any links for those signals? I like em!  

Edit: nevermind, found them, $100 for 2! They look dope though.
You can always buy the LighTech versions. They are the company that makes these for Yamaha.

SigSide.jpg

Any links for those signals? I like em!  

Edit: nevermind, found them, $100 for 2! They look dope though.
You can always buy the LighTech versions. They are the company that makes these for Yamaha.
Cool, I'll look into that

Edit: $67 vs about $95, that's doable. ☺

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Cool, I'll look into that  
Edit: $67 vs about $95, that's doable. ☺
Yessir. The only difference is the branding in the back, and the LighTech don't come with resistors, but honestly, the proper way to install LEDS are not resistors, but to change your flash relay.

SigSide.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking in to getting 2 sets of these (front and rear). Do they sell specifically for the front and rear? Or do you just get 2 sets and they work for either? Also, do the connectors, flash speed relay/reducer and mounting adapter plates come with the kits?  Thanks for posting.... a year ago ;)

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
I'm looking in to getting 2 sets of these (front and rear). Do they sell specifically for the front and rear? Or do you just get 2 sets and they work for either? Also, do the connectors, flash speed relay/reducer and mounting adapter plates come with the kits?  Thanks for posting.... a year ago ;)
No, yes, no, resistors, but I'd use a relay,and yes.

SigSide.jpg

Flasher relay is plug and play. It is more difficult to get the fairings off than to replace the relay

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Flasher relay is plug and play. It is more difficult to get the fairings off than to replace the relay
Yea I was talking about installing the blinkers with the Yoshimura  fender eliminator kit being difficult. I'm sure not too difficult but harder than plug n play. Lol. I've installed 3.91 gears in my 5Gen Camaro so I'm sure I will be able to do this. 

Archived