The MT-07 Forum

Genuine Yamaha Accessory LED Blinkers Installed

jeffkisthename

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I got my Genuine Yamaha LED Blinkers from Pgeldz on Monday, and installed them today. They're quality turn signals, and are pretty bright. Only con is they don't use DRL, but that's fine, because I plan on running auxiliary lights later.
 Check em' out!!!

Very nice packaging!!!

20151214_165716.jpg

Hacked up the OEM Harnesses...Because this bike is never going back to stock...

DSC_0421_1.jpg

Awww, no more pumpkins...

DSC_0423.jpg

Strip em'!!!

DSC_0424.jpg

Prep em'!!!

DSC_0428.jpg

Cap em'!!!

DSC_0429.jpg

And boom!!! They're ready to attach to the lights...

DSC_0430_2.jpg

Harnesses attached to the turn signals awaiting install...

DSC_0435.jpg

The rears were even easier, because I didn't have to unplug any harnesses at all, but I foresee some tucking or harness shortening when I get a tailtidy...

DSC_0436.jpg

Connected the turn signals to the harnesses...

DSC_0445.jpg

Finished rear end...

DSC_0453.jpg

Finished front end...

DSC_0451.jpg

Oh look at this!!!

DSC_0460.jpg

HADUKEN!!!!

DSC_0462_1.jpg

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Looks good, they dont have the resistor in them do you they? So they blink fast?
Yeah, I didn't install them. They do blink fast, but I kind of like it. I have a LED Flasher Relay on the way from Custom LED, so that'll fix my fast blinking when it gets here.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
Looks good, they dont have the resistor in them do you they? So they blink fast?
Yeah, I didn't install them. They do blink fast, but I kind of like it. I have a LED Flasher Relay on the way from Custom LED, so that'll fix my fast blinking when it gets here.
Cool!! Been wanting to do led's, but i think ill hold off. I wanted to do the turn signals in the mirrors since i like the mirrors and get the rear tail light with built in signals and get rid of them shrek ears....lol

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Cool!! Been wanting to do led's, but i think ill hold off. I wanted to do the turn signals in the mirrors since i like the mirrors and get the rear tail light with built in signals and get rid of them shrek ears....lol

You have the minimalist approach. It's nice, but I got hit last month while lane-splitting, so now my mentality is add as much lights as possible LOL. I need to be seen. Auxiliary lights are in the near future my friend.

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator

Something is missing...... oh
they arent lit up :P

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Something is missing...... oh they arent lit up :P

Hahaha, I got you tomorrow.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
You have the minimalist approach. It's nice, but I got hit last month while lane-splitting, so now my mentality is add as much lights as possible LOL. I need to be seen. Auxiliary lights are in the near future my friend.
Gotcha!!! Speaking of hitting, i just t-bone a retard that pulled out without looking my way. I was taking the bike to school, but relized i didnt have a parking pass. So i switched for my car it makes me mad.... 
But hey time for an led far....ufo status lmao no more excuses, oh i didnt see him officer!! 

If you like them flashing fast maybe it's best you leave them that way. Someone mentioned in another post about turn signals how a study in Germany showed that fast blinking lights get attention faster than slower ones. I found this info to back up that claim: (scroll down to demonstrations and click 'view flashing demonstrations') I was a believer before I saw the article so I left mine flashing fast when I installed mine. It may annoy some people to have their flashers blink fast but with my style of flashers I don't even notice them. I have to lean over the handlebars to get a good look at them. Nice signals, BTW! 
http://colorusage.arc.nasa.gov/flashing.php

Beemer

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
If you like them flashing fast maybe it's best you leave them that way. Someone mentioned in another post about turn signals how a study in Germany showed that fast blinking lights get attention faster than slower ones. I found this info to back up that claim: (scroll down to demonstrations and click 'view flashing demonstrations') I was a believer before I saw the article so I left mine flashing fast when I installed mine. It may annoy some people to have their flashers blink fast but with my style of flashers I don't even notice them. I have to lean over the handlebars to get a good look at them. Nice signals, BTW! 
http://colorusage.arc.nasa.gov/flashing.php

Thanks. I might just leave mine too. It does get noticed for sure. Damn, did I just waste money on a relay then? Haha, I'll just keep it incase.

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator

Damn tjose look pretty nice

• 4 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

you remember what wires went to which?
i have a service manual for the euro model for some reason... and it doesnt have the running light feature... ergo no diagrams for the running lamps

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
you remember what wires went to which? i have a service manual for the euro model for some reason... and it doesnt have the running light feature... ergo no diagrams for the running lamps
You just need to remember that black is ground and blue is DRL. There is no DRL wire in the rear.

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator

I meant on the harness side... i found a supplier to purchase the connectors/terminals from and will be building my own
I need to know which pin/wire is which

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
I meant on the harness side... i found a supplier to purchase the connectors/terminals from and will be building my own I need to know which pin/wire is which
That you have to figure out by not fully attaching the wires, but connecting them in the right position, so you can color code. I hacked the OEM signal harnesses, because I'm never using the stock pumpkins ever again.

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
I meant on the harness side... i found a supplier to purchase the connectors/terminals from and will be building my own I need to know which pin/wire is which
That you have to figure out by not fully attaching the wires, but connecting them in the right position, so you can color code. I hacked the OEM signal harnesses, because I'm never using the stock pumpkins ever again.
I did that for a set of cheapo turn signals i got off amazon
didnt work well... signals melted and took the stock harnesses with them
they are currently in the lanfdfill somewhere in the east alley

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
I did that for a set of cheapo turn signals i got off amazon didnt work well... signals melted and took the stock harnesses with them
they are currently in the lanfdfill somewhere in the east alley
Sounds like the turn signals fault. Did you try to run those cheap lights with DRL?

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator

They were 3wire signals
No idea what happened...

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
They were 3wire signals No idea what happened...
I cop it out to being cheap turn signals. These signals were designed for you to hack your OEM harnesses, with the option to buy aftermarket harnesses of course.

SigSide.jpg

There's really no excuse not to use a multimeter to ID wiring, if you can't spare the money go get the free one at harbor freight. If you get in the habit of randomly wiring stuff up an see if you go it right you will eventually mess something up.

Archived