zero

Zero

zero
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO1mEjlXlGgZgCMcheIWZgqO-twoxiXSuBddM85XW_BRknvFSothjxCfeZ63Qufdw/photo/AF1QipOqjBHUSQc8H6Lc7w2gLF4HlmuOubYX2iYpJtDA?key=c0hVWTZWN2plNlYybmFWVVd6bjdPRWdnUlJmbEVn

Hey guys. I've been meaning to do this for awhile but got a bit busy. Anyways, I'll try to keep it short...

Previously I was training and trying to surf large waves. I had the gear and connections. Being an El Niño winter here in CA,SD it was perfect to start riding big waves as I have been surfing from awhile now. Then blam, got in a car accident and rear ended at a stop. Messed up my shoulder pretty bad. I could no longer crank it back to paddle for hours at a time. Dream died quick. MRIs, rehab, chiropractic care. All determined that it might never be the same. I felt at a lost until I decided to make the leap and buy my first bike, something I've been wanting for years. This bike has given me a new passion that far exceeded any expectations I had. The void created by the accident was easily filled. I bought my fz-07 completely stock. I've never ridden anything or even touched a bike before. In a matter of a month I got licensed, began the never finished journey of learning to ride better everyday, and modified my bike. I did all the work myself and I just had to say thank you to all my brothers in the forum. I couldn't have done it without this group. So thank you all. 

Mods: Full titanium ak exhaust no DB. Dna air filter and air box cover. Arrow bar end mirrors. R6 throttle tubes and grips. Crg levers. Air "intake" and "Exhaust" screens. Yoshi fender eliminator. MotoD integrated tail light. R6 flush mount front signals. Custom led relay. Power commanderV with map for AK and DNA. Cyclops led headlight and led light under it. Radiator guard. Did oil changes and chain clean and lube. 

Did is all this with no prior bike experience and knowledge with you help. It's greatly appreciated. I love every second of riding an take it slow as I know I'm obviously learning. Not that it ever stops. 2000 miles down and many many more to go. Be safe out there. 
[span]

[/span]
  • Like 6

zero
Good on ya zero... bike looks great!  
Thanks man. I appreciate it. 
  • Like 1

Cruizin
Welcome and thanks for joining us.
  • Like 1

jake
The bike came along at a time in my life where I needed it too. tried to get a Yamaha Warrior back in 2001 ish could not get financed 15 years later I picked up the FZ and love every min I'm on it.
  • Like 1

GAZ
Welcome! Sorry to hear about the accident. I grew up in SD and did quite a bit of surfing in my youth there. Hopefully everything works out. We're glad to have you here!
  • Like 1

Guru
Great to see you here @zero. Thanks for joining. Love that color !
Don't forget to vote and pin :)

• Like 1

hobbs
Welcome to the forums. Bike is looking fresh. And hey, don't give up on the shoulder. (not that I'm saying you planned to) Willpower and determination will make a square peg fit into a round hole.

At least your in the motorcycle mecca of the U.S. so you picked a fine sport as a substitution.
  • Like 1

Beemer
Sorry about your misfortune but I'm glad to see you've found a new joy. I'm curious about the LED you put under your headlight, can you put up a few pics of it, daytime and night to show it's effect as well?
  • Like 1

yamahappy74
Welcome to the forum and the world of the FZ-07!

I love San Diego. It would be my [HASH]1 choice for a place to move to (if CA wasn't having so much of a problem with fresh water, that is). I'm working on trying to get back out for a visit next year.
  • Like 1

zero
Sorry about your misfortune but I'm glad to see you've found a new joy. I'm curious about the LED you put under your headlight, can you put up a few pics of it, daytime and night to show it's effect as well?
Definitely. I'll work on getting those up later today after work. Thanks for the kinds word as well man

zero
Welcome to the forum and the world of the FZ-07!  
I love San Diego. It would be my [HASH]1 choice for a place to move to (if CA wasn't having so much of a problem with fresh water, that is). I'm working on trying to get back out for a visit next year.
Haha. Ain't that the truth. I feel like I'm one of the only ones who takes it seriously out here. Hopefully they resolve the issue in time and it doesn't keep getting worse. Im born and raised so I'm here for good. It's home. Definitely a great place for a bike. Hope you get to visit sooner than later man. [span]    [/span]
  • Like 1

zero
Thanks for all of the greetings. They're appreciate for sure.

zero
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb335/Keoni_Feist/image_zps3xx5bwj2.jpeg 
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb335/Keoni_Feist/image_zpss3ypyxt9.jpeg

I havent made made it home in time from work,for,a daytime one this weekend I'll make it happen though. 

Beemer
zero
Looks nice, I didn't realize you were talking about the little park light, I took for you mounted a new LED under your headlight but it's so much brighter than the stock blub. I cn't stand that yellow light on a vehicle. Where did you get it (part #?) or can you get those in any parts store?