The MT-07 Forum

Passengers

Tark

So I went on a ride this past weekend with my wife. This was the first time I've rode two up with my FZ-07. I'm 5'9 and I can almost touch flat footed. When my wife got on I was able to be flat footed and a bend in my knee almost like i was on a cruiser. 

I was just wandering if you guys or gals who have rode two up have experienced this and see any problems with it.(dont know much about bike suspension)

I was wanting to go to blood mountain with my wife but if there is a safety concern then i wont. BTW I'm 200 LBS and my wife is 135. Is this weight too much for the FZ-07?

Thanks.

Guest unknown

That isn't too much weight for the bike. I think the GVWR is ~375 lbs IRC. You will want to increase the stiffness of the suspension with the wrench that was supplied when you bought your bike. Put it up to a stiffer setting and you should be fine. Keep in mind I wouldn't be dragging knees with a passenger but cruisng should be just fine.

Awesome thanks. I'll have to look up how to adjust it. And you don't have to worry about me I'm no Street-Rossi. No knee dragging for me.

Archived