The MT-07 Forum

Turn Signal Harness mod or buy?

jeffkisthename

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Just getting a general census here.  For those of you who have upgraded to LED turn signals, did you cut the OEM harness off the pumpkin stock signals and attached them to your new LEDs, or did you purchase new connector harnesses?

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator

neither?
I bought plug and play leds.... and t
for the rear panel set that i made i bought the terminals and pins for it online

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

AlbatrossCafe

I just finished my LED front/back mod about 2 days ago. I cut the originals off the stock. I then crimped the LED wires and the stock harness together with some red butt connectors. The ones you buy are going to be exactly the same, except maybe the front ones won't have the 3rd-prong (for the running light). Even if the front harnesses do have the 3rd prong, it won't matter.

On that note, new harnesses are pretty cheap. You are really just saving about $20 plus shipping cost & wait time. But I see no problem with using the stock ones unless you have like 10k miles on them already. Also, if you want to sell your stock lights it will be easier with the harness still on them.

• Premium Member

I wanted to leave the OEM flashers easy to put back on (just in case, not that I will ever do it), so I bought aftermarket Yammy compatible connectors and soldered them to my LED flashers.

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator

I did the same as rowdy. I am not sure why as I have no intention of putting the stock ones back on. For some reason I like knowing that I can return my bike to 100% stock. Hopefully I will get over that eventually.

• Premium Member
customled.com has OEM harnesses available -- that's what I used.
 ....Dito.... 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Archived