The MT-07 Forum

Passenger grip

My girlfriend wants to ride on the fz07 with me but she feels more comfortable with a passenger bar or bars. Would this be a good idea on this bike? Or should I not even think about it?

• Global Moderator
  • Premium Member

The easiest way for the driver is for the passenger to have one arm around the driver and the other (arm) palm on the tank. I understand if they cannot reach. The luggage tack is a good idea. Props to any passengers out there, I couldn't do it :)

• Global Moderator

I was a passenger only once, on a two stroke Yamaha. I thought I was going to die. Never again.

I am considering the luggage rack option, but i dont think she will be able to throw her leg over it, she is of the shorter variety. but still a good option.

• Premium Member
Took my wife on a ride she got some bad cramps I. The legs after a two hour ride
The fact that she made it two hours is impressive as this isn't supposed to be a two up bike. Took my with for a quick 15 min ride this morning and she loved it.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Dang... Girl and I must have been feeling adventurous on our 150 mile trek the first week we got it. Jax to Palm Coast daytrip. 190lbs/130lbs

njdevils1990

GF and I did 130 round trip and she likes it better than my last "temp" bike. After about 45 min she gets a little uncomfortable due to the cushioning of the seat. Hopefully they come out with a better seat soon for both of us, I eventually want to do another cross country trip and it will.be a little stiff with the stocker. I may pick up the luggage rack and a 40L case and call it a day, but for $300+ I will wait for the birthday and see if someone will buy one or the other to help out with that.

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

Archived