The MT-07 Forum

Front Fork stand-Which one do you have?

tino206

• Premium Member

I have a rear stand from Harbor that works great but I wan to get a front stand but I have yet to see how our bikes would go up on a stand. Where do you install the spools and what stands do you use?

Added bonus question-Can you show me a picture?

Do you want the kind that lifts from the bottom of the forks or one that lifts from the triple tree stand? I got a venom brand that does both for pretty cheap (you'll need the #33 pitbull pin for the triple).

• Premium Member

I just want an option to get the front tire off the ground do you have a picture of your set up?

• Premium Member

+1 for pitbull stands. Check craigslist, you can easily pay $50-$100 off the retail price.
That's exactly what I did. I got 3 stands for the retail price of one. A lot of these guys have stands just sitting collecting dust after selling or wrecking their bikes. They'll take reasonable offers. These stands are solid!

• Premium Member

I guess up here either people are using them because their bike is in storage a huge chunk of the year or they are too cheap to buy them..I found people selling them but just like $20 off retail

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
Do you want the kind that lifts from the bottom of the forks or one that lifts from the triple tree stand? I got a venom brand that does both for pretty cheap (you'll need the #33 pitbull pin for the triple).
I second the Venom. I have that for my FZ-07 (Currently in winter storage). They are available for a little over $100 front and rear. 
If you just want to get the front off the ground get this one.

If you want to be able to remove the fork for maintenance or to get a cartridge retrofit get this one.

...Where do you install the spools and what stands do you use?.....
Generally motorcycle front stands don't use spools. They just have brackets that lift from the bottom of the fork (See the picture in my first link) or have a pin that will slide up into the triple tree and lift from there (Second link). 
Pit-Bull stands are also good and probably the best that you can buy. This one would be the one you want with the #33 pin (You would need to by the pin for the Venom head lift stand anyway). But the Venom that @cndnmax  and I use should be just fine.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member

@snowdriftless thanks for the breakdown this makes much more sense and the price is not extremely out of my budget I will have to look into it

• Global Moderator

The venom stand set is pretty well made for the price.
i have the fork lift and rear paddle stands and they work just fine.
When i removed my forks for @pattonme's cartridge retrofit I ended up using my woodcraft frame sliders and a pair of towel wrapped jackstands to keep the front end off the ground. I didnt have the forethought to get the head-lift stand
but the jackstands seemed effective enough

c523762d6fe221e211c89d59db65f4b9.jpg
879c1ca1b4e386b8d0bcb027803bf56f.jpg

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.pit-bull.com/product/F0100-200.html

This stand from Pitbull is what I use on the front of mine. I had it before I got my FZ07 and used it on my R6es. It is what they call their "hybrid", so it can be used to lift from the forks or the triple tree. That is a very nice option to have. For the triple tree, it uses the pin for an R6. I don't know what number that is, but I'm sure whatever number everyone else has been listing is correct.

Archived