Sign in to follow this  
zoomr81

New Member from Dallas, Texas

zoomr81
I'm trading in my 2013 Harley Fat Bob tomorrow and picking up my 2016 FZ07 in Matte Silver! I was on the fence about getting the FZ07 since I am used to riding bigger bikes, but after test riding it I didn't want to bring it back... instant love connection! 
  • Like 3

pgeldz
You are going to have so much fun my friend!!!

Welcome to our little group!

:)

- Paulie
  • Like 1

sorkyah
Welcome dude....
glad to see someone else getting off the cruiser and taking the sportier path
cant wait to see what you do with het
  • Like 1

jetgirl
Welcome zoomr81! My husband has a cruiser and I've ridden it but it feels so cumbersome. The FZ07 is so much fun. Welcome to the other side.
  • Like 1

Mr.Puss
Welcome! This bike is fantastic fun.

• Like 1

zoomr81
Picked her up today! Pictures tomorrow! It got dark really quick!

fzonly1

Picked her up today! Pictures tomorrow! It got dark really quick!
Niiiiiiiiice... Too bad the sun goes down SO early!! You're gonna really dig this bike. Welcome to the group!
  • Like 1

Beemer
Welcome and careful ... it can do a wheeliiiiiiiiie!!!!
  • Like 1

fzonly1
@beemer
I rolled hard in 3rd yesterday on a mini beer run and the wheel came up a little. That's just nuts to me. Especially with how much I weigh. Wheeliiiies indeed.
  • Like 1

zoomr81
Here she is!!!  Took her to work this morning! still in break in period so I need to be a little light on the throttle but I love it!!! 

IMG_0177.jpg

Beemer
@beemer I rolled hard in 3rd yesterday on a mini beer run and the wheel came up a little. That's just nuts to me. Especially with how much I weigh. Wheeliiiies indeed.
It's happened to me, too! It's awesome when you hit the sweet spot, I do it often getting on highways and the kids watching in cars just seem to love it. When turning left or right from a dead stop with traffic coming up kinda fast I often take off hard to get up to speed quick and crack the throttle halfway or more in first when still leaning and I find myself riding a wheelie with crossed up handle bars. Makes me feel like I'm riding in the dirt once again, I love it!  :D  - then comes the stink eye from the adults, ha! Just curious, I used to be able to get a six pack of Modelo Especial for around $6 in Austin but down here in Fl. it's like $9 and some change, WTF!! Pisses me off, it's a good, inexpensive beer. (IMO) How much is it there in the big H?

Beemer
Here she is!!!  Took her to work this morning! still in break in period so I need to be a little light on the throttle but I love it!!!  

IMG_0177.jpg

No you don't, you can ring it out a bit, won't hurt it. If you just baby it, it will run real tight when broken in, you want it loose because stiff parts don't move as fast. Either way is ok depending on how you want your bike to run later.

fzonly1
@beemer
Lmao imports here are still about that much. Corona and modelo are close to 9 for a sixer. When I was in Kauai a loaf of bread was 7 bucks, but a 12 pack of corona was 10 and change. Blew my mind. Needless to say I drank more than I ate.
Oh and although my front end still needs some tuning, it's a lot less scary coming down out of a Random wheelie when the fork doesn't collapse on you. I think I'm getting too comfy with how aggressive I can ride on this thing. I need to be careful before she gets away from me one day.

fzonly1

IMG_0177.jpg

Cleeean! The booklet says only to keep from Running at high RPM for extended periods of time. So crackin the throttle open is definitely ok! It's addictive tho.

Beemer
@beemer Lmao imports here are still about that much. Corona and modelo are close to 9 for a sixer. When I was in Kauai a loaf of bread was 7 bucks, but a 12 pack of corona was 10 and change. Blew my mind. Needless to say I drank more than I ate.
Oh and although my front end still needs some tuning, it's a lot less scary coming down out of a Random wheelie when the fork doesn't collapse on you. I think I'm getting too comfy with how aggressive I can ride on this thing. I need to be careful before she gets away from me one day.
It's like I always say, trust your instincts. Be safe.
  • Like 1