The MT-07 Forum

New Member from Dallas, Texas

zoomr81

I'm trading in my 2013 Harley Fat Bob tomorrow and picking up my 2016 FZ07 in Matte Silver! I was on the fence about getting the FZ07 since I am used to riding bigger bikes, but after test riding it I didn't want to bring it back... instant love connection! 

• Global Moderator

Welcome dude....
glad to see someone else getting off the cruiser and taking the sportier path
cant wait to see what you do with het

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Welcome zoomr81! My husband has a cruiser and I've ridden it but it feels so cumbersome. The FZ07 is so much fun. Welcome to the other side.

• Premium Member

Welcome! This bike is fantastic fun.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

Picked her up today! Pictures tomorrow! It got dark really quick!
Niiiiiiiiice... Too bad the sun goes down SO early!! You're gonna really dig this bike. Welcome to the group!

• Premium Member

@beemer
I rolled hard in 3rd yesterday on a mini beer run and the wheel came up a little. That's just nuts to me. Especially with how much I weigh. Wheeliiiies indeed.

Here she is!!!  Took her to work this morning! still in break in period so I need to be a little light on the throttle but I love it!!! 

IMG_0177.jpg

@beemer I rolled hard in 3rd yesterday on a mini beer run and the wheel came up a little. That's just nuts to me. Especially with how much I weigh. Wheeliiiies indeed.
It's happened to me, too! It's awesome when you hit the sweet spot, I do it often getting on highways and the kids watching in cars just seem to love it. When turning left or right from a dead stop with traffic coming up kinda fast I often take off hard to get up to speed quick and crack the throttle halfway or more in first when still leaning and I find myself riding a wheelie with crossed up handle bars. Makes me feel like I'm riding in the dirt once again, I love it!  :D  - then comes the stink eye from the adults, ha! Just curious, I used to be able to get a six pack of Modelo Especial for around $6 in Austin but down here in Fl. it's like $9 and some change, WTF!! Pisses me off, it's a good, inexpensive beer. (IMO) How much is it there in the big H?

Beemer

Here she is!!!  Took her to work this morning! still in break in period so I need to be a little light on the throttle but I love it!!!  

IMG_0177.jpg

No you don't, you can ring it out a bit, won't hurt it. If you just baby it, it will run real tight when broken in, you want it loose because stiff parts don't move as fast. Either way is ok depending on how you want your bike to run later.

Beemer

• Premium Member

@beemer
Lmao imports here are still about that much. Corona and modelo are close to 9 for a sixer. When I was in Kauai a loaf of bread was 7 bucks, but a 12 pack of corona was 10 and change. Blew my mind. Needless to say I drank more than I ate.
Oh and although my front end still needs some tuning, it's a lot less scary coming down out of a Random wheelie when the fork doesn't collapse on you. I think I'm getting too comfy with how aggressive I can ride on this thing. I need to be careful before she gets away from me one day.

• Premium Member

IMG_0177.jpg

Cleeean! The booklet says only to keep from Running at high RPM for extended periods of time. So crackin the throttle open is definitely ok! It's addictive tho.

@beemer Lmao imports here are still about that much. Corona and modelo are close to 9 for a sixer. When I was in Kauai a loaf of bread was 7 bucks, but a 12 pack of corona was 10 and change. Blew my mind. Needless to say I drank more than I ate.
Oh and although my front end still needs some tuning, it's a lot less scary coming down out of a Random wheelie when the fork doesn't collapse on you. I think I'm getting too comfy with how aggressive I can ride on this thing. I need to be careful before she gets away from me one day.
It's like I always say, trust your instincts. Be safe.

Beemer

bmwpowere36m3

Ride it like you stole it... just don't hang around redline. Taking it up to 8k is fine is brief spurts. Lots of hard acceleration AND decel is key.... never stay at constant rpm.

Ride it like you stole it... just don't hang around redline. Taking it up to 8k is fine is brief spurts. Lots of hard acceleration AND decel is key.... never stay at constant rpm. 

Dealer said to fluctuate through the RPM range so been hitting About 7K RPMs from light to light. Strying away from highways for now until I can cruise at speed.  Bike is so much fun!  Need a tail bag for it though. Need some storage so I don't have to wear a backpack. Thinking nm of getting a Nelson Riggs one I seen mm on amazon. 

• Global Moderator

Dealer said to fluctuate through the RPM range so been hitting About 7K RPMs from light to light. Strying away from highways for now until I can cruise at speed.  Bike is so much fun!  Need a tail bag for it though. Need some storage so I don't have to wear a backpack. Thinking nm of getting a Nelson Riggs one I seen mm on amazon. 
There are some collapsible tailbags around that zip closed around the pillion seat. Makes it kinda nice to have it out of the way when not using

Just cant remember the name of it
I know theres several people kn here that have it

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

zoomr81

Here it is. I bought one myself and love it. It zips flat so if you don't want a hulking piece of bag to have to throw your leg over all the time if you don't like taking it off all the time then you may fall in love with this tail bag.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KOKPO6?keywords=collapsible%20seat%20bag&qid=1449758528&ref_=sr_1_48&sr=8-48

Beemer

• Premium Member
I'm trading in my 2013 Harley Fat Bob tomorrow and picking up my 2016 FZ07 in Matte Silver! I was on the fence about getting the FZ07 since I am used to riding bigger bikes, but after test riding it I didn't want to bring it back... instant love connection! 
I understand completely. 
I got less than a mile away on my test ride before I turned right back and bought it with 2 miles on the odometer.

Love this bike.

zoomr81 
Here it is. I bought one myself and love it. It zips flat so if you don't want a hulking piece of bag to have to throw your leg over all the time if you don't like taking it off all the time then you may fall in love with this tail bag.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KOKPO6?keywords=collapsible%20seat%20bag&qid=1449758528&ref_=sr_1_48&sr=8-48
Thanks... this one may be an option... 

zoomr81

I forgot to mention, it's been so long since I bought it but for the FZ-07 you need to order the size 3. Whew! Glad I remembered that!

Beemer

Zoomr81, I currently ride a cruiser ('14 Moto Guzzi Caifornia Custom) and love the bike so I wouldn't get rid of it but the thought has been crossing my mind of getting something lighter and nimbler as well.

How do you compare the riding position? A slightly fwd lean on the FZ07?

Current ride = 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom

Zoomr81, I currently ride a cruiser ('14 Moto Guzzi Caifornia Custom) and love the bike so I wouldn't get rid of it but the thought has been crossing my mind of getting something lighter and nimbler as well. 
How do you compare the riding position? A slightly fwd lean on the FZ07?
My Fat Bob had a long stretch with the Forward Controls and Drag Bars. I'm 5 foot 10 inches tall and its was a little uncomfortable on long trips 300+ miles with my feet so far stretched forward. I would have preferred to have a more standard foot position maybe floor boards or something but the conversion would have cost me over a $1,000 bucks! I really like the FZ-07 it sits more upright not harsh on your back at all... Your hands and feet are in good positions as well.  I do have some back issues from a car accident I had when I was in my 20's and so far my back hasn't hurt since I started riding.  I can't tell you how good the position is on long trips just yet Only put a 100 local riding miles on it since I picker her up...  Has been raining for a couple of days.   
I do however have 1 solid observation... the seat is a little too hard... so I am going to upgrade it to a Corbin one next year. Simple Fix... 
Other than that This bike is Awesome!  
This might actually help you as well... Since your a Triumph guy I was looking at the Street Triple's as well and the seating position on the FZ-07 is much better than the Street Triple's in my book... The Cost is much Better Too!

Archived