so1102

If you could make only ONE mod...

so1102
... what would it be?

If you bought an 07 brand new and completely stock, and you knew you could only purchase one modification ever, what would it be?

Try to be realistic as much as possible - set the maximum spend (for this single, solitary mod) to say $1500 US, and it has to be something someone could do today if they wanted to.

I'm just curious.  :)

yamobethere
Exhaust, I really can't think of another thing that would improve so many aspects of the bike at once.

Not too distant second place would be tail tidy, there is ugly and then there is that thing.
  • Like 1

conejo
Rear shock. Whats in there now feels like its sprung with wood and damping with peanut butter.

Then I'd have to forever dream about upgrading the front, but I at least it doesn't bother me as much as the rear.

gregjet
That's too tough. 3 things NEED changing. 2 desperately. front and rear suspension are bloody aweful. The exhaust gets rid of a bit chunk of weight. I would have to break the rules and do all 3...but that's me anyway.

so1102
That's too tough. 3 things NEED changing. 2 desperately. front and rear suspension are bloody aweful. The exhaust gets rid of a bit chunk of weight. I would have to break the rules and do all 3...but that's me anyway.
Hey now the rules also apply down under as well, but I will allow the suspension mods to be considered one thing ;)

gregjet
Actually that is one of the biggest problems with people making suspension mods. If you change the back the front will usually need to be changed as well and vice versa. NOT always but usually. They are interdependant.

redharris
Suspension,,,,,Front and Back. I weigh 240 LBS. The bike is not sprung for my weight as issued.

randy2100
Front suspension. I hated the brake dive and cornering feel of the OEM forks.

hobbs
If the suspension is a package deal, then that. Otherwise exhaust, because (I don't know for sure) crap suspension on one end and plush handling on the other sounds like it could cause some issues.

Mr.Puss
Exhaust, I really can't think of another thing that would improve so many aspects of the bike at once. 
Not too distant second place would be tail tidy, there is ugly and then there is that thing.
..."Not too distant second place would be tail tidy, there is ugly and then there is that thing."

Ha ha, You know initially I really liked the oem tail, and perhaps its reading the ceaseless widespread distaste for the thing that is slowly turning me to the tailess side...or perhaps Im running out of things to mod on this bike...or just maybe, the cold hard truth of it's blatant substantial hideousness is finally sinking in.... I dont know, maybe all of you oem tail nazis are on to something and I should just join ranks and pitch the thing into the growing box of oem parts, never to be seen again?  Yes...yes im going to do it.

(edit)....and there, it has been ordered...
 http://www.motostarz.ca/ermax-undertail-kit-for-2014-2015-yamaha-fz07-mt07.html?___SID=U

[attachment id=1149" thumbnail="1]

• Like 1

N/A
Rear shock. Whats in there now feels like its sprung with wood and damping with peanut butter. 
Then I'd have to forever dream about upgrading the front, but I at least it doesn't bother me as much as the rear.
Absolutely agree with conejo. The rear shock is f-in dreadful! But since we're allowed to count front and rear as a package deal then that'd be my one mod.  >:D 

mjh937
I probably should say suspension, but as I have not done that yet I will go with frame sliders. I think it looks unfinished the way the frame comes stock. And I am over $1,400 under budget :)

Beemer
Everyone is going to feel differently about everything and I am so used to riding through ruts, bumps, rocks, mud, streams off road that things I feel on the road don't even start to compare so it isn't the shocks. I almost want to say the exhaust because it is too quiet and heavy and my aftermarket exhaust helps me to be heard by cars close by but ultimately being seen by oncoming traffic is my top concern so it's the lights. My new headlight makes me more noticeable in the day and night. I think about auxiliary lights (DRL's are on the way) more than any other add-on so it has to be the lights for me. Cool topic, btw.

07echelon
$1500 budget?

I'd get CRG bar end mirrors. Sounds silly, but I can live with the suspension and the stock exhaust. Mirrors were my first upgrade, the cheap crg knock offs though...

jeffkisthename
Can controls be grouped up like suspension? If so, then I'd say both my Woodcraft Clip-ons and Rear sets, because this bike is just a different bike with those pieces.

If not, then I'd say my Akrapovic Carbon exhaust is a prime candidate, because being heard is both a safety factor and a cool factor. Exhaust. Yup, brap brap.