The MT-07 Forum

Two New FZ-07 Owners-Central Coast California

maygoddess

Hi all! My name is Patty and me and my boyfriend are proud new owners of a matching set of 2016 FZ-07 Raven Black. We could not resist the $2000 off MSRP that a dealer at the Long Beach IMS was offering a few weeks ago! 

I test rode this bike just for fun back in July at World Superbike at Laguna Seca. My boyfriend and I did two test rides each..I rode the FZ-07 and FZ-09..and he test rode FJ and FZ 09. I didn't like the FZ-09 as much as the FZ-07. I call my 07 a torquey piglet. Didnt think this bike would ever be my riding style but had fun..no real intention of buying one given I already had three bikes at that time (GSXR 600 track bike, GSXR 750 Street and Triumph Bonneville) I since sold the 750, but felt my Bonnie would suffice for street. I thought the FZ-07 was a combo of my GSXR and Bonnie..

My boyfriend is a brand new rider and he made a bad choice in getting a first "beater" bike..a1995 Honda CBR 1000. Friend got it cheap at an auction...thougt it would be good for Martin...he liked it but since he hardly rode it since he got it, I knew he was not as confident with it..top heavy and twitchy..

When we went to IMS show and saw the price, we decided to get two of them, sell his Honda and get him out riding more. We did our first ride last weekend and loved it!He is much more confident on this bike and he now looks forward to riding more than ever!!

I hope to take this one on the track next season as well. Been on 2 ups on FZ-09 before...should be interesting compared to my GSXR.

So far only mods we have done is add the sport windscreens. We have the radiator guards on order and I am putting in an order for TechSpec tank grips as I noticed some sliding around where I could have been gripping. Going to ride it some more before I decide on any other mods.

Super fun bike...look forward to more riding. Bummer we bought it at beginning of winter...even here in Cali it gets cold for me and we are expecting a rainy season...mehhhh

Look forward to reading more around here!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome maygoddess! Congratulations on the new bikes and getting your boyfriend to ride more and enjoy it. The couple that rides together, stays together!

Hubs has an FZ09 and I have my FZ07, both red. They match just enough to be interesting and attract a lot of attention when we ride them.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

There sure is something about the FZ-07 is just fun and confidence inspiring.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Global Moderator

2k off msrp? thats worth it right there
glad to hear you love the bikes

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Hey all! Thanks for the welcome!! yeahh...crazy...$2000 off MSRP on 2016 models. My first question to them..."is there a problem and Yamaha is dumping them?" nope..hmm..ok..I think he said later they offered it at the show hoping to get new local customers for service needs..but that backfired with us since we live about 3 1/2 hours away..not going back for service.

But happy to have them at such a great price. Just bummed the weather is cold and wet now. We got the radiator guards today...hoping they are easy to install. 

I will be strapping my pug puppy's carrier on the back of mine next time we ride to see how she likes this bike. I took her on the Bonneville. Should be interesting to see how that goes!!

So what tires do you all have on your bikes?

• Premium Member

Welcome! I was gonna say... Long Beach isn't Central CA... but I now understand.

Congrats! I'm glad it working out for both of you. My partner isn't into matching bikes no matter how much I've tried.

I am totally smitten over the new Triumph Bonnevilles/Thruxtons. I know the new ones are a bit different, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Bonnie.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator

Welcome. The radiator guard is an easy install. It was one of my first upgrades. Which one did you guys decide on?

• Global Moderator

welcome to the both of you..
Rad guards are an easy jnstall, just 4 bolts and some weather tape.
As for tires
I put a set of pilot road 4 gt's after the stock pr3s wore out
Got about 6k on em and theyre finally starting to show a lack of canyon riding(mostly used for commuting)
I need to fix that
there is a thread on just about every thing you can think of here... just click search.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Congrats on the purchase! 2K off? Damn, I would have bought a second one!

Your gonna love the bike, and with the right mods it an be very fun on the track as well.

Congrats again, and enjoy the forum. Everyone here is extremely helpful. I think you'll find this is a great atmosphere :)

- Paulie

Archived