The MT-07 Forum

Stock low beam sucks!

conejo

Also the Murano's are only low beam.
Whoopsies, that's a good thing to know :-)
If you're looking for Bi-Xenon LED projectors, they are far and few between and the Koito Bi-LEDs are the best and probably only viable option for one who wants low and high beam in an LED projector.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cyclops LED bulb arrived today. Took the headlight assembly apart and got it installed. Used the 1/16 (small) spacer. Did a quick smoke check in the garage to make sure everything was hooked up and not going to throw sparks. It lit up the garage quite well! Have some other things to get done tonight so I can't see how it does on the road. Also need to figure out where the adjustment screws are, so I can do a quick aim on it.

• Global Moderator
Cyclops LED bulb arrived today. Took the headlight assembly apart and got it installed. Used the 1/16 (small) spacer. Did a quick smoke check in the garage to make sure everything was hooked up and not going to throw sparks. It lit up the garage quite well! Have some other things to get done tonight so I can't see how it does on the road. Also need to figure out where the adjustment screws are, so I can do a quick aim on it.
Theres a HowTo thread on adjusting the headlight....
but ill be damned if tapatalk will let me access it....
thwre are two brass/plated screws on the rear of the housing that are labeled for which way they move the reflector.
take a look with a flashlight and youll see it

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 2 weeks later...

I've ridden home twice in the dark now and had a chance to make some observations about the bulb swap. I love the nice bright WHITE light. Low beam is meh, high beam is good.

I'll agree it's not as good as a HID or LED retrofit, but for the cost and LOE (level of effort) it's a good upgrade from the stock bulb. It's a solid upgrade.

That being said, I'm going to keep my eyes open for a round headlight bucket swap that I could mount a round KC LED headlight like I have on my jeep, or a retrofit LED projector that doesn't require a bunch of rocket surgery to accomplish.

Archived