Sign in to follow this  
ryan4130

How much is stock exhaust worth?

ryan4130
Hey everyone, tried searching and didn't find anything but sorry if this is a repost!

How much is the stock exhaust worth, including the mounting hardware (minus flange bolts)?

I'm cleaning out the garage and am debating if it is worth it to keep it around or just get rid of it on Craigslist. From an OEM parts website I saw the whole exhaust goes for $450 new.

AlbatrossCafe
Hey everyone, tried searching and didn't find anything but sorry if this is a repost! 
How much is the stock exhaust worth, including the mounting hardware (minus flange bolts)?

I'm cleaning out the garage and am debating if it is worth it to keep it around or just get rid of it on Craigslist. From an OEM parts website I saw the whole exhaust goes for $450 new.
After  I put my LED turn signals on this weekend I will be selling a TON of stock parts (levers, exhaust, fender, mirrors, front signals, rear signals, +more) 
My stock one has about 1200 miles on it. The plan was to put it up for $250. I would be happy if I got $200 for it, but I will let go for for $150 or probably even $100.

The stock exhaust isn't exactly something that is in high demand, and it's either that or it sits in my garage for eternity. Selling to some enthusiast who somehow -enjoys- the stock exhaust note is good enough for me, even if I don't get a good price.

ryan4130
I was thinking that it is useful to someone who got in a wreck or is taking off their aftermarket exhaust to part out

No Hater
My guess is as much as a small boat anchor.
  • Like 2

snowdriftless
Checking online and a new replacement muffler costs between $414.23 and $533.91 and I found a Used exhaust (Some Scratches) on Ebay for $199.00 I would go with $250 obo (You can always come down when haggling with the prospective buyer) if it is in good condition.

Some people might want the OEM exhaust to use as a project, or some dealers might be offering a used exhaust to save a buck or two when doing insurance quotes (For those people that take their bike to the dealer for EVERYTHING). I think the bigger problem is finding someone that wants/needs it. Hope that helps.

Guest Ralph
Seen them in the UK for about $50 no one want a standard system here
though I have thought of buying one to modify, just shows some things are
cheaper over here.

Beemer
It's hard to say really. It's worth something different to each person that wants it but generally between 50 & 75 % of new cost in good condition.
The bike is so new, good luck selling it.

bmwpowere36m3
Don't bother looking what they cost new... I doubt you'll get over $100 for them (considering cost of new aftermarket kits).
  • Like 2