fastfredyb

GLOVES!!! COLD WEATHER ouch

fastfredyb
My hands just hurt!!! I ride in about 35 degree weather for about 45 minutes and my hands just hurt. I wear glove liners and gloves I bought from cycle gear but that doesn't help much.   What gloves do you recommend?  I'm warm everywhere else except my hands!!

forcefed86
Same here.... i stoppped 2 times as i could feel my hands at all. Im buying the sedici heated floves from cycle gear. I tried them on and wow!!!!! Worth the 150 bucks

andistyr
Yesterday I drove into work with the temperature at 35F. My hands were cold when I got to work. Last night my hand guards came in and I installed them. Today I drove into work with it around 33-35F and by the time I got into work only the finger tips were starting to get cold. So that was a big help. I do have some nice heated gloves I will use when it gets colder.

pineappleunderthesea
I have a few pairs of winter riding gloves, and none of them are good down to the mid 30s unless you have hand guards, and then that helps somewhat. I've started taking a look at rechargeable heated gloves (they come with their own little battery, good for several hours, so something like the Fly racing ingnitor gloves). Haven't pulled the trigger yet. I don't want to mess with wires and such, so a glove with its own battery is a better option for me.
  • Like 1

Cruizin
I tried to get a good cold weather riding gear thread going in October but nobody bit..
  • Like 1

Guest Ralph
I ware those claw gloves were two fingers sit together they do make a difference,
you cant beat heated stuff and hand guards but claw gloves and elephants ears
work well though they don't look good.

booboobusfz07
I'm contemplating some icon patrol gloves look like they should do the job

motocr
Been meaning to create a review thread on my hand gaurd I road in 27 degree weather for 3 hrs the other week and couldn't hear it linger than 30 minutes at a time on my fingers. I bought barkbusters Storm hand gaurd universal kit and they make a huge difference I road back and only stopped for Gass and warm my hands up a bit once glove liners warm gloves and hand gaurd and your good to go if it's still cold get some heat factory hest packs and put them in the gloves with glove liners that are made for them and you won't have an issue with your hands being cold for up to 2 hrs then you may need to stop and warm them up.

motomeek
I'm just agreeing with what many have already said.
I've tried a few pairs of winter gloves while riding in the 30s for 45-60 minutes. I think riding with gloves alone won't suffice. Hand guards or heated grips/gloves will most likely be your best bet.

jeffkisthename
Shoot, I'm thinking about those muffs that go over your levers, but you need some kind of hand/lever guard to keep them from collapsing at 70+MPH I assume.

Guest Ralph
I have a pair of Elephants ears / muffs, they work and don't collapse but are
a bit strange to use at first, they grip your wrist and if you remove your
hand from the bars it can be awkward to get it back on the move but they keep
your hands warm.

fastfredyb
Thanks guys, I never thought of rechargeable gloves. I agree with a lot of you that gloves alone might not do the trick . I have elephant ears, . I'm not too handy sometimes and would hate to mess up my bike somehow by adding heated grips. But I hope these work.

delbee1
I've just ordered 2 sets or Gerbing heated gloves. I wanna see both before I decide which ones I want and send the other ones back. One set is their XRS short ones and the others are XR Hybrid. They both have a life time guarantee on the heating elements.
They can both be wired to the bike or the XR Hybrids have pockets to fit their battery packs.
I really did like the look of the Keis X800i's but I went to a shop to see them and the guy said that they had a lot back with problems. The rest of the Keis stuff is good though so I ordered some of their heated soles lol  8-)
  • Like 1