The MT-07 Forum

New Rider- Jeremy

jeremytablang

jeremytablang

Hello, I am Jeremy and I ride the 2015 pearl white.   This is my first bike and I only had experience riding small 125cc Chinese pit bikes lol. 
I love the FZ07 but I wish i knew a little bit more about motorcycles when I was buying.  I would have definitely gotten a supersport. Don't get me wrong, I love my bike to death!! But as you can imagine, I want something quicker.  I would recommend to anyone to start off on this beautiful 700cc twin engine.  

Hi Jeremy! How long have you been riding your first bike? I'm glad you didn't start off on a supersport. Most people shouldn't. Please get enough experience before you move on.

invisiblekawiguy

You'll come to learn that when it comes to motorcycles, learning to be fast on a slow bike (not saying the FZ is slow by any means) is way more fun than going slow on a fast bike.

1_zpsa5e7e660.jpg

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome to the forum!  I second the Above and always finding myself wanting for a bigger bike (Should I get a super-sport (~600cc)? Gee that new Yamaha YZF-R1 sure looks nice! Etc..). Put in your time and in a few years you can get the motorcycle you want (I'm waiting for the first super-sport with the new YZF-R1 electronics)

Remember to vote for your favorite color and add yourself to the Map!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Hello, I am Jeremy and I ride the 2015 pearl white.   This is my first bike and I only had experience riding small 125cc Chinese pit bikes lol.  I love the FZ07 but I wish i knew a little bit more about motorcycles when I was buying.  I would have definitely gotten a supersport. Don't get me wrong, I love my bike to death!! But as you can imagine, I want something quicker.  I would recommend to anyone to start off on this beautiful 700cc twin engine.  
Welcome.

While the FZ has its limits, for street riding its as good as any 600 cc supersport I've ridden with. It's a much better bike to learn on than the SS liter bikes IMHO.

I'm looking at getting an R6 for track days, but I'm keeping my FZ-07.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

• Premium Member
You'll come to learn that when it comes to motorcycles, learning to be fast on a slow bike (not saying the FZ is slow by any means) is way more fun than going slow on a fast bike.
+1 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived