The MT-07 Forum

JEFFKISTHENAME'S Build Thread - A Timeline of Growth

jeffkisthename

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Well, some good news. I found out that the front Yamaha Accessories LEDS still works, so I'm going to put the Kellermann LEDS on the rear.

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Here's a comparison of size between the Yamaha Accessories LEDS on the right and the Kellermann Micro Rhombus Dark LEDS on the left.

20160319_205401-01.jpeg

Here's the Kellermann signals all wired up and ready for install. I reused the adapters and connecting wires from the Yamaha Accessories LEDS.

20160320_015047-01.jpeg

I did finish the install, and the Kellermann LEDS are actually brighter. Not that the Yamaha Accessories LEDS aren't bright, but there is a much more noticeable center of brightness on the Kellermann signals. I'll see if I can capture the lighting at a later date. I'm beat.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

I love the Kellerman turn signals, have them on the front and back, solid quality. This was a super deal you got there!

Love to ride!

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Here's the Kellermann Micro Rhombus Dark LEDS installed and an example of the light on during full daylight (11AM).

DSC_1347.jpg

DSC_1350.jpg

DSC_1355.jpg

DSC_1354.jpg

DSC_1363.jpg

DSC_1361.jpg

Oh, and it doesn't look too bad with the Yamaha Accessories LEDS in the front, because of the offset sizes. Here, see for yourself.

DSC_1357.jpg

SigSide.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
panchobullet

Hi @jeffkisthename! I have the same Givi screen and recently purchased the Woodcraft 1.5 clip-on & bars from @bellissimoto (currently on their way) and was wondering what was the conflicting point in here? Was the screen touching with the levers or break reservoir or both? Just trying to get an idea so I can start working something out. I like your approach to fix the problem (I was thinking to put some spacers too) but it will help me to get a better idea if you can point to me the particular(s) conflict(s) area(s).

Thanks in advance bud!

- Pancho

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Hi @jeffkisthename! I have the same Givi screen and recently purchased the Woodcraft 1.5 clip-on & bars from @bellissimoto (currently on their way) and was wondering what was the conflicting point in here? Was the screen touching with the levers or break reservoir or both? Just trying to get an idea so I can start working something out. I like your approach to fix the problem (I was thinking to put some spacers too) but it will help me to get a better idea if you can point to me the particular(s) conflict(s) area(s). 
Thanks in advance bud!

- Pancho
Honestly it's been so long it's kind of vague, but I'm thinking the levers.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
panchobullet
Hi @jeffkisthename ! I have the same Givi screen and recently purchased the Woodcraft 1.5 clip-on & bars from @bellissimoto (currently on their way) and was wondering what was the conflicting point in here? Was the screen touching with the levers or break reservoir or both? Just trying to get an idea so I can start working something out. I like your approach to fix the problem (I was thinking to put some spacers too) but it will help me to get a better idea if you can point to me the particular(s) conflict(s) area(s). 
Thanks in advance bud!

- Pancho
Hehehe, I can imagine! No problem bro and thx for the quick answer! 

- Pancho

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Hehehe, I can imagine! No problem bro and thx for the quick answer!  
- Pancho
Once you try, you will see.

SigSide.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

So, I realized I haven't updated this thread in a LONG TIME, so let me fill you in!

At 24K miles, my chain went out of spec, yeah I know, that's a lot of miles for the stock chain, so what did I expect? Haha, remember that deal on the chain and sprocket I got from a forum member here?  I was finally able to use it. What really hit home was when I had to do an emergency stop at my brother's place to tighten the chain after it kept slapping the swing arm...

20160601_183146-01.jpeg

So all was good until I actually went to change the chain. What I didn't do was, clean the threads off the self-locking nut, and while trying to muscle the dang thing off, I messed up my rear axle retainer thingamabobber. Here look:

20160604_181209.jpg

So, I had to order new parts and a cheap dremel on Amazon made by a company called WEN. When I got the parts, I started grinding away!!! See here:

20160615_202922.jpg

20160615_204540.jpg

20160615_215652.jpg

20160615_222310.jpg

I did complete the repair and all went well. I even bought a Motodynamic Tail Light and Fender Eliminator!!! Yup, most folks, a Fender Eliminator/Tail Tidy is the first mod haha.

20160530_212415.jpg

DSC_1384-01.jpeg

DSC_1381-01.jpeg

DSC_1388-01.jpeg

DSC_1389-01.jpeg

Next, I took the bike in at 27k miles to get a valve adjustment. (Yeah, I know. I waited kind of long to get that done...)

20160719_193128-01.jpeg

Today, I got new Bridgestone Battlax T30 Evo Tires installed at 29,561 miles (So, the Michelin Pilot Road 4 Rear lasted about 12K miles...not bad.  The front was still good):

20160813_111542-02.jpeg

Let's see how long these tires will last.

20160813_142733-02.jpeg

SigSide.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Oh what happened to your rear blinkers? Didn't work with the tail tidy?
I gave them to my brother. He needed rear signals, so I gave him mine.

SigSide.jpg

Oh what happened to your rear blinkers? Didn't work with the tail tidy?
You're a good brother and the pumpkins are better for safety. I personally don't think they're so bad when compared to so many aftermarket blinkers that only provide goods looks. So, how you liking those nice looking T30's so far? 

Beemer

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
You're a good brother and the pumpkins are better for safety. I personally don't think they're so bad when compared to so many aftermarket blinkers that only provide goods looks. So, how you liking those nice looking T30's so far? 
I'm loving the T30s as far as grip and response. Have not tried them in the wet yet, but they should be good, but I'm not expecting PR4 good.

SigSide.jpg

I'm loving the T30s as far as grip and response. Have not tried them in the wet yet, but they should be good, but I'm not expecting PR4 good.
As long as the price matches the performance and I'm sure they perform very well. Not much room for improvement after that.  ;)

Beemer

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Hello friends,

It's been a while since I've updated this thread. With the new rules as far as photos, I will be uploading the photos a little bit at a time when time permits.

Some good news, I have added a new bike. I recently purchased a Yamaha FZ1. Not sure what to do with the FZ-07. I'm wanting to do all sorts of crazy things like FZ-07R, or make a modern-retro bike with the LED Motodynamic Headlight and one piece Corbin seat with R6 forks. We'll see what happens, but for Now, enjoy these photos ?.

362185d5566ea4c9f43fa4089d53d09f.jpg

4692a410f883b591bc2835eba293d02b.jpg

4fe2a911fa4a6efb86df3cde1e0af2d8.jpg

ca542439b0ad502b9dd6bae69eab6957.jpg

566a4c841c9bf3f38c813b9d6b332951.jpg

77e55f31c659ca2d5449c757df3783ef.jpg

SigSide.jpg

Archived