The MT-07 Forum

Shiny bits behind motor

nmucat

Not sure if this is right section, don't see a appearance area. 

The nice bright shiny bits to the rear of the motor, how easy are they to remove, what do they do? They just don't fit the bike to me. When I finally get mine, I'll pull them off and either color them in black or bronze like the motor.

Either term is correct. Now back to the parts...the two smaller parts have bolts and they come off easily. The two larger ones look like they connect to a swing arm pivot point. Without shop manual and bike Bering a day old I do t want to try and pull them off. Anyone able to provide insight?

• Global Moderator

What shiny bits @fz07? don't leave me hanging here..

I thought he meant the shiny bits I posted pics of. I could be wrong. Maybe the technical term 'shiny bits' means something different south of the border. Not that my posted shiny bit are very shiny.

Don't edit your post while I'm answering you @fz07. Now it doesn't make sense anymore.  ;)

• Global Moderator

Now I'm confused. The frame covers are those silver grey parts I posted a picture of right?

I like that accent, it matches the silver grey on the frame of a white bike. The dark bronze side covers of the engine on the other hand to longer to get used to but I don't mind it now.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

If this is the part he's talking about, I plan to leave mine stock. They match the radiator perfectly.

Illegitimi non carborundum

What shiny bits @fz07? don't leave me hanging here..  
I thought he meant the shiny bits I posted pics of. I could be wrong. Maybe the technical term 'shiny bits' means something different south of the border. Not that my posted shiny bit are very shiny.

Don't edit your post while I'm answering you @fz07. Now it doesn't make sense anymore.  ;)
Lol, I was trying to post a picture but I have no clue what I'm doing. The pic was of my bike with the same parts shown as the other pics. It's the silver parts. 

painted mine with night shades kind of a smoke black purple in the right light sides come right off 2 screws and a plastic push pin and the foot comes off easy 2 screws,right side ataches to the rear brake master no biggie though I like them a lot in dark better I have the gray blue bike I did leave the peg supports silver looks good to me  

Guru you are correct on the parts.

I pulled them off and hit them with a rattle can flat black. Not to shabby.

I'll toss of a pic in a minute.

F59941FC-3F99-48B3-8856-D36BFD5A9DA6.jpg

E1E07D57-8263-49E8-BB83-7680C7301157.jpg

Thanks GURU, now I need to get that shop manual to make sure I take apart the more complicated parts correctly and put them back together. I went with flat black b/c thats what I had. It matches the flat black on the motor in person quite nicely. I thought about the bronze color that the engine cover is but didnt have that handy. I might do the silver on the exhaust tip as well.

olderthandirt
painted mine with night shades kind of a smoke black purple in the right light sides come right off 2 screws and a plastic push pin and the foot comes off easy 2 screws,right side ataches to the rear brake master no biggie though I like them a lot in dark better I have the gray blue bike I did leave the peg supports silver looks good to me  
Pics or it didn't happen. ...oops too late. Looks good. 

Congress is the only whore house in the United States that loses money.

• Global Moderator
I love learning new things, thanks. 
You're welcome. And I love showing things off. Makes me feel important.  :P;)

That looks nice nmucat! I've learned my lesson about spray painting things though, it always wears off over time. I learned that the hard way after spray painting the entire interior of my truck, it looked great for 6-12 months, then started to wear away.

I found someone who had the parts in carbon fiber and it looked really nice (not my bike) here is the pic:

XHJt6QX.jpg

This was a test and the .99 flat black is what I had on hand. I have some plans for proper paint and blue accents on the bike.

Archived