The MT-07 Forum

Warm and Fuzzy and the XSR-09

scordiaboy515

scordiaboy515

I'm really diggin this bike......http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/gallery/2016-yamaha-xsr900/2016-Yamaha-XSR900-studio-09.jpg

scordiaboy515
I agree http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/gallery/2016-yamaha-xsr900/2016-Yamaha-XSR900-studio-09.jpg is a great looking bike. I would consider it if I didn't love my FZ-07 so much. At least I know that there's something else out there waiting for me if I ever outgrow my bike.
  absolutely......was thinking exactly the same thing 8-) 

I'm a little bummed that it is heavier than the FZ09 by roughly 16lbs.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

scordiaboy515
I'm a little bummed that it is heavier than the FZ09 by roughly 16lbs.
   Yeah, prolly coz the ABS and traction control, which I have no use for either 

If you mimicked some of the riders in Florida you could lose the helmet and ride with sandals instead of boots and maybe lose 16 lbs.

Beemer

• Premium Member
If you mimicked some of the riders in Florida you could lose the helmet and ride with sandals instead of boots and maybe lose 16 lbs.
Lol.....squids!!!

• 4 months later...

I saw the yellow xsr900 today. They look a lot better up close and personal than they do in photos. Not as pretty as the 07 but the look could grow on one.

Not smart enough to multi quote so:

@pattonme , I'd definitely notice. When I fill up my fuel tank my FZ is noticeably slower on acceleration. Although, the power/weight ratio on the 9 is much better, soooo.....

@scordiaboy515 I thought the same thing, til my last bike, which had front and rear ABS. Wow, that was an amazing feature! No need for it on the front, but with it on the rear, it opens up so much more braking opportunities in corners and hard breaking to a stop. I was activating my rear ABS all the time on my SV. It was great! :) I was sad that we didn't get the option on the American version. Also, I'm diggin it too. With a nice set of clip ons, it's probs in my top 5 bikes I want.

@forcefed86 Yes? Oh, wait, you weren't calling me by name...

I sat on an XSR yesterday and I liked it better than the FZ-09. The Yamaha factory demo tour arrives at the dealership this weekend and I will likely test ride a 900 for fun. 
 I don't think my 700 has anything to fear about being replaced. I've already tested it against the FZ-09 and the FZ-1 and it won my affection easily. :)

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

What the hell is going on with that tail? Does Yamaha not like a good looking tail on the 9? It's ugly on the FZ-09 and now it's ugly on this. Given how good the FZ-07 looks, I don't understand the logic.

Archived