The MT-07 Forum

Front Head Lift Stand Question

redharris

Sending my Forks to Pattonme for the full treatment is on my Primary list of things to do to my FZ 07.
But first I need to get a Front Head Lift Stand, so that I can remove the forks.

From surfing the forum, I see Pitbull is the preferred brand. I remember reading somewhere that the Pitbull stand does not come with the correct size PIN for the FZ07?.....That I will have to order the right size pin from somewhere?

Can someone give me the lowdown on that?....Also, are there other decent options for Front lift head stands out there?

• Premium Member

You don't need to use a pit bull stand. I got a venom front stand on eBay and got the #33 pin on from revzilla. Works perfectly.

You don't need to use a pit bull stand. I got a venom front stand on eBay and got the #33 pin on from revzilla. Works perfectly.
 The Venon Stand looks like it will work for about Half the Price of the Pitbull. 
The Pitbull, however, has that extension handle for some added leverage when lifting. I have a Sketchy Back,,,,,so I'm wondering; Is it pretty easy to lift the bike with the Venom stand, or do you "have to put your back into it?"

• Premium Member

It's very easy to lift. You don't need any leverage bar or anything. Trust me. It's very easy. Hardly any effort. The way the stand is made, it practically is lifting the front end as soon as you put pressure on it. The front end is very light.

Archived