The MT-07 Forum

Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons Installed

jeffkisthename

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

So, after commuting two days (miles I commute everyday is in the photo below), I have less fatigue in my right hand, but have increased fatigue in my forearms due to being in a more attentive position while lane splitting (new rider, so I'm not exactly relaxed while splitting. I can't trust cagers). I have no increase in cramping in my legs, though I need to work out more on my inner thighs (sore from hugging the tank). My ass still gets sore after about 40-50 minutes. Maybe I need to upgrade the seat soon, but it's bearable.

How about my other fellow Woodcraft users, is this what you're experiencing also? Or is my posture just tore up and in need of much work? Lol.

20151208_162124-01.jpeg

• Like 1

SigSide.jpg

Thanks guys I actually did it tonight, but of course I somehow lost one of the bolts connected to throttle lol.. So I have to try an go to Home Depot tomorrow to see if they have a similar one.

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Thanks guys I actually did it tonight, but of course I somehow lost one of the bolts connected to throttle lol.. So I have to try an go to Home Depot tomorrow to see if they have a similar one.

ACE Hardware is probably a better bet. Welcome to the Woodcraft Clip-ons club. Picture or it didn't happen... :0)

SigSide.jpg

ACE Hardware is probably a better bet. Welcome to the Woodcraft Clip-ons club. Picture or it didn't happen... :0)

Does your throttle stick? Mine does a tiny bit sometimes.. I dont know what to do

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Does your throttle stick? Mine does a tiny bit sometimes.. I dont know what to do

Did you adjust the throttle cable on the left side of the engine?

SigSide.jpg

Did you adjust the throttle cable on the left side of the engine?
I was able to fix it, i had to pull out the throttle cable on the right side a little bit because i tried tucking it in. Thanks guys.

Or is my posture just tore up and in need of much work? Lol. 

Posture's just tore up ;) 
Sometimes my arms get a little worn out and then I realize I'm not riding with the correct posture. Arms should be light and nimble with your feet and legs supporting your weight. Arms shouldn't support weight. If you go to the gym, work on your legs and butt. Squats, calf raise, thigh machines (abductors and adductors aka chick machines). Also use the back extender machine, low weight/lots of reps, will help with your back stamina. All of this will help keep the weight off your arms and wrists.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Or is my posture just tore up and in need of much work? Lol. 

Posture's just tore up ;) 
Sometimes my arms get a little worn out and then I realize I'm not riding with the correct posture. Arms should be light and nimble with your feet and legs supporting your weight. Arms shouldn't support weight. If you go to the gym, work on your legs and butt. Squats, calf raise, thigh machines (abductors and adductors aka chick machines). Also use the back extender machine, low weight/lots of reps, will help with your back stamina. All of this will help keep the weight off your arms and wrists.

Roger that! LOL.

SigSide.jpg

Finally sold my truck. Ordered my Woodcrafts today. Just have to wait months while they come on the slow boat to Aus.

• Like 3

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Finally sold my truck. Ordered my Woodcrafts today. Just have to wait months while they come on the slow boat to Aus.

You know, when you finally get them and install them, I wanna see some pics of you on it showing me your posture :0)
  • Like 1

SigSide.jpg

Very hard to take pics of myself. Still have standard footpeg position. Still to work out a good touring position. It definitely has to change because I get cramps in my hip almost immediately I get on the bike. Good thing I waited until I got the Woodies.  They will be pretty close to right for my purposes. The Renthal lows are close.

booboobusfz07
  They will be pretty close to right for my purposes. The Renthal lows are close. 

Any pictures comparing the renthals to stock/clip-one?
How were they compared to the clip ons?

I have a small upper fairing on so it makes comparing a bit difficult and I didn't take any pics with the stock bars. I have also put aftermarket bar clamps on that are over the top NOT angled back on the bars are actually clamped forward of stock position

• Global Moderator
I have a small upper fairing on so it makes comparing a bit difficult and I didn't take any pics with the stock bars. I have also put aftermarket bar clamps on that are over the top NOT angled back on the bars are actually clamped forward of stock position
which bar camps did you end up getting? ive yet to decide on which one to get.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Just some cheapies from a local shop. BE CAREFUL they are 10mm bolts holding the clamps on and a lot of the aftermarket ones have different sizes. Not a problem if you are making solid spacers to replace the rubber ones of course.

• 3 weeks later...

I made some clip-ons that mount directly to the fork tubes over the top triple clamp. They require the fork tubes to be slid 1" up through the triple trees.FZ07%20clip%20ons%20008_zpshjwtvedc.jpg.html 

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

@707racing, your photo link is broken.

SigSide.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

Bring it by... i'm not quite 6'2 (1 in short) but will gladly be a guinea pig.... even if it means taking pics

• Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
You need to find one of your 6'2" friends to sit on your bike while you take a picture of their riding position with the clip-ons...
You know, I will see if someone from work will sit on it. I just got done cleaning and luving my chain, because I rode in the rain today, but when the weather clears up I will ride to work and get those photos for you.
  • Like 1

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

Ordered the 1" yesterday, now waiting for shipping info. Was wondering if it's recommended to also get the weighted bar end sliders? I currently have a cheap pair of bar end mirrors with the stock handle bars.

AlbatrossCafe
You need to find one of your 6'2" friends to sit on your bike while you take a picture of their riding position with the clip-ons...
You know, I will see if someone from work will sit on it. I just got done cleaning and luving my chain, because I rode in the rain today, but when the weather clears up I will ride to work and get those photos for you.
That would be sweet. If it looks good on him then I can pull the trigger... 

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

@albatrosscafe I don't understand how you tall people fit on this bike. My buddy that I got to sit on my bike is actually 6'3", so an inch taller than you, but hope this will do. He doesn't exactly know how to sit on this kind of bike (IE small bike) LOL, he comes from riding a big ol' Harley Davidson Street Glide haha.

So here it is:

Normal riding position (I already know you guys are going to get on his...arm position?)

20160120_095853-01_1.jpeg

Looking up at traffic

20160120_095917-01.jpeg

In the tuck (This looks uncomfortable)

20160120_095922-01_2.jpeg

Random shots of a very tall Harley rider on my MT/FZ

20160120_095900-01_3.jpeg

20160120_095907-01_3.jpeg

• Like 1

SigSide.jpg