The MT-07 Forum

Hello from Houston

cfzd

Hey guys, new to the forums and new FZ owner.  Been an awesome bike so far.  Finally got a good nice day off of work to go riding.  Anyways, looks like yall have a nice community here.  Plenty to learn and see.

20151117_165351_zpsmgqldlga.jpg

Welcome!

Your weather looks very similar to what is going on here.

I hope you enjoy the bike as much as everyone else does.

Is that an Icon Airframe Pro?

Hmm, post disappeared ... apologies if a double post comes along. 

Anyways, thankfully today it was nice and clear, took that pic when I rode her home a few days ago.  Yessir, it's an Airframe Pro.  I like the helmet so far, nice and cool, good air flow.

I'm suprised I haven't seen more of these bikes around town man.  I was originally out to get the '14 Gray and blue bike, but couldn't find one and the Blue and silver I picked up was the last one the shop had.  They said that the FZs have been selling out pretty fast.

• Premium Member

I'm suprised I haven't seen more of these bikes around town man.  I was originally out to get the '14 Gray and blue bike, but couldn't find one and the Blue and silver I picked up was the last one the shop had.  They said that the FZs have been selling out pretty fast.
Yup, every time I found one someone had a deposit on it already. What part of Houston you in?

• Premium Member

I see a few fz09s out in the west side. But no 7s yet. Ppl ask me what kinda bike it is every time I stop for gas.

Not a whole lot at the moment. This is my first go around with a motorcycle so I am taking it slow.

I do want to get rid of the ridiculous licence plate bracket for something a little better looking. The FZ is so quiet too, another thing I want to do eventually is exhaust.

I am a car guy too, so I'm sure eventually parts will start getting swapped out.

• Premium Member

Yeah that tail piece was the first thing to go for me too. Lots of good options for that. Same for exhaust. I'm finally on to suspension now. My riding style and weight doesn't mix well with the soft oem set up. Update us on your progress as you mod.

Archived