The MT-07 Forum

Windscreen availablity

dravyck

Alright boys, I'm going on a 1300 miles trip from cali to Colorado later this month. What are my options? I obviously need something available right now on market. If there's nothing out there, what about grabbing a "universal" screen off of revzilla and fabbing something up for the trip?

82 Yamaha XJ550 Maxim Black (Passed Away)
15 Yamaha FZ-07 White

There are multiple options out there right now. I just don't know if they are in stock. Puig has a couple different sizes.
I just bought the stock yamaha one off ebay but that is more of a piece to clean up the front and give me a place to mount my GoPro

• Global Moderator

I am going to get the Yamaha one too. I am not expecting much (if any) wind protection from it though. It is a purely aesthetic decision.

• Premium Member

Puig products for the FZ-07 will be shipping Sept 2nd, or so I'm told by Motovation. Reading European forums, the touring one gets wind off your chest to the crown of your helmet. The sport moves it up to the shoulder area, at least that's what I've inferred from their posts.

Everything went braap.

Yeah, it's crunch time and I'm thinking I might just have to grab a universal and zip tie that bad boy every way I can.

82 Yamaha XJ550 Maxim Black (Passed Away)
15 Yamaha FZ-07 White

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

The dealer just called to tell me my Yamaha front cowl is in. I am off to New Zealand this afternoon so it will have to sit there for two weeks :(. At least we know they are available.

• Premium Member

Let us know what you go with, I do a lot of highway riding and would like something to help with the wind.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Let us know what you go with, I do a lot of highway riding and would like something to help with the wind.
Same here, with pictures please. 

Hepco & Becker makes one check it out.
Here is the link for Hepco FZ-07 http://www.motomachines.com/FZ-07_c_714.html

Here is the short screen (27cm) for $97.20
http://www.motomachines.com/Ermax-Nose-Screen-Sport-27cm-for-Yamaha-FZ-07_p_5022.html

Here is the taller one (39cm) for $103.03 (weird price)
http://www.motomachines.com/Ermax-Nose-Screen-39cm-for-Yamaha-FZ-07_p_5021.html

Those Hepco & Becker look pretty nice; well integrated as far as I can tell. I use the freeway partly to get to work and a little wind protection would be a bonus.

Archived