The MT-07 Forum

Forgot to say I bought a bike finally a 2015 FZ-09

belleau1977

• Premium Member

[attachment id=1112" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1110" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1111" thumbnail="1]
Forgot to put on here I finally both get a bike after all my searching while I was overseas for 15 months in Spain. After getting home in August to Illinois I finally settled on a new 2015 leftover FZ-09 for $5,999 and around $7,300 OTD. I love this bike so much and in three weeks or less it went from bone stock to kick butt cool! At first I didn't know about the yellow inside the shop but after picking it up the next day in the full sunlight I was stoked I picked the color that wasn't selling very good which is why I got a good price on it. Only thing I don't like is the horrible distance the tank gets on it. Once you hit 110 miles it's time to start looking for gas as the 3.7 gallon tank shows no gas bars left around 110-120 miles but has 20-30 mile ft at that point. Bike is so much fun too bad winter has come. 

• Global Moderator

I like the yellow. The mods look great too. I would not have been able to pass up that deal either.

• Premium Member
Wow, that's a beautiful beast! Nice mods. What saddle is that?
Thank you very much! The seat is from Seat Concepts which cost me $310 shipped. They offer four version and I love the solo look the best which in my opinion is how this bike should come. I'm not a fan of the banana seat look. Funny thing is I've always thought the FZ-09 was an ugly duckling but if you put some nice effects on it like I did it looks kickbutt finally :) I'm actually going to keep the bike stock on the exhaust I like the fact it's quiet as it doesn't attract cops attention. I'm all for loud exhaust but for the price it cost for a full system on this bike it's not worth the looks or noise I'd like to have. The can of high heat paint at least made my stock exhaust look better and I'm digging it now very much. 
Love love love this bike!

Wow, that's one of the nicest FZ09's I ever saw... everything is perfect on it. The raised back on the seat just balances the design on it and changes the entire bike.

And hell you paid less than what many of us paid for our FZ07s, so you obviously made the right choice.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

Nice bike, I love the bumble-bee colors and that seat is to die for...............

...... now gtf outa here with that FZ-09!  ;) Ha!

Beemer

careful there @beemer. I gots one too. :) (red) I was going to close a '15 yellow for 6200 with 500 miles on it (private party) but he kept dragging his feet so when a '14 in red for 5K, I took it.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member

I like the yellow, I considered getting the yellow 09 when I pulled the trigger on the 07. Stay safe out there on that good lookin bike.

• Premium Member
Wow, that's one of the nicest FZ09's I ever saw... everything is perfect on it. The raised back on the seat just balances the design on it and changes the entire bike.  
And hell you paid less than what many of us paid for our FZ07s, so you obviously made the right choice.
Thanks a ton for the awesome props! The price I got the FZ for is just too killer and so happy I landed it at the right time. I just got lucky and happened to call the right shop at the right time and ask about the FZ-09 which they had two yellow bikes at blowout prices for what I paid. If all FZ-09s came with the raised solo seat I think they would look so much better. The banana seat just doesn't cut it. I still have yet to get the Yamaha screen and short levers but it's pretty much done. The fluorescent yellow wheel decals at first I wanted yellow but it was not an option but once I put these on I was stoked I got the color it really pops in traffic and in person. I'd do it all over again if I had too. I'm having a custom killer hornet insect design done with my birthday numbers being grasped in its arms. I'm putting the logo design on the sides and windscreen.  

I was riding around today and saw a yellow bike and thought "yuck. Girly yellow banana bike". Your bike though looks awesome. It looks mean!
Love it!

careful there @beemer. I gots one too. :) (red) I was going to close a '15 yellow for 6200 with 500 miles on it (private party) but he kept dragging his feet so when a '14 in red for 5K, I took it.
Really?! Wow! Good F*** price!! 
Now ......

[video src=https://youtu.be/cXfmfj4z3Zc]

Beemer

• Premium Member

Okay okay I get I get it I'm going to get the F---k outa here you goofy bastards! Thanks for the mad props and to all of you out there stay safe and always keep it rubber side down!

lol! No, no, no, gtf ova here and show us some more pics, especially when you get those logos on, that tough lookin' bee is so cool looking, I'm jealous. Show us some pics of yours also, pattonme. I don't think I've seen a red FZ-09 yet. What upgrades are 'youts two's' gonna do?

Beemer

• Premium Member

Mirrors are CRG Arrows which were not cheap but after my bad mistake of getting the crappy Chinese knockoffs that fell apart in 100 miles I bought these and no regrets they're great!

Archived