The MT-07 Forum

Hello from the Eastern Shore of Virginia

xtrapsi

Just checking in.
Picked up a 2016 Matte Silver on Veterans Day. Less than a week later it is time for the 600 mile service!

Already got the rebadged Yamaha bags and a Givi windscreen for it.
More to come.

Coming from a 2013 Ninja 300 so this thing feels like a beast. Loving it so far.

Didn't test ride the R3 but I sat on one.
My first bike was a Ninja 250 and then I bought the 300. I was done with the smaller bikes and wanted something a little bigger.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome! How do you like the transition?

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Didn't test ride the R3 but I sat on one. My first bike was a Ninja 250 and then I bought the 300. I was done with the smaller bikes and wanted something a little bigger.
Good choice for an upgrade. It may be a different riding posture on an FZ-07 but I'm sure the difference in power/torque will trump that.

Beemer

Whenever I miss the 300, I just twist the throttle! haha

The transition was great. This thing will just do whatever I want it to. Wanna putt around at 15-20mph, ok no problem. Wanna go fast?...lets go!
So far, it is perfect.
The only thing I miss is the gas mileage but the tradeoff is worth it.

Welcome xtrapsi! I come from an 04 Ninja 250. The seating position feels about the same, so very comfortable. I miss the range of the 4.8 gallon tank. For a small bike it had a big tank but everything else about the FZ is perfect for me.

Yeah, that is true. It feels like it gets much worse gas mileage than it does due to smaller tank. I just feel like I'm at the pump way too often.

Brought it home from the 600 mile service and installed the frame/axle sliders and the adjustable levers last night.

I put over 850 miles on it in a little over a week. Swapped bikes with my buddy and in less than a mile, he rolled it.
Somehow he thought that first gear + full throttle was a good idea...

Towed it to the dealership and we will get the insurance process started tomorrow.

Not the way I wanted to spend my Saturday... :(

• 2 weeks later...

Insurance called today. They want to total it.
10 days and 855 miles...sure was fun. He got the most expensive mile I've ever seen.

Bent wheel, scratched plastics and possibly a tweaked rear frame.

Moral of the story...Don't let other people ride your bike.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
Insurance called today. They want to total it. 10 days and 855 miles...sure was fun. He got the most expensive mile I've ever seen.

Bent wheel, scratched plastics and possibly a tweaked rear frame.

Oh My Goodness, Are you going to get a new one? Did you have financing? Think you will get back enough to replace it?

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Yes. The rest was financed after my trade in. Hadn't even made the first payment yet!
Insurance said they would give me MSRP and dollar for dollar on the aftermarket parts that I could show receipts for.
I'm looking for another one I guess. I loved it and still have parts to put on! Haha

• Premium Member

That's not too terrible for what it is. I would have expected to take a big hit.

Your friend is a nincompoop, but you knew this.

Everything went braap.

Yeah, it could be worse I guess.
They are going to give me access to the bike so I can take off a few things. My RAM mount and saddlebag mounts are about all I can use at this point.

• Premium Member
Wow, sucks to hear about your misfortune, but yes -- this ^

• Global Moderator
Wow, sucks to hear about your misfortune, but yes -- this ^
+1 this post
unless the guy was someone like rossi or senna

Even then... i may just reconsider

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Put a deposit down for my twin today. I'll finish the deal when we get the insurance settled. Then I'll be back to riding the 'same' bike like it never happened.
Just in time for christmas!

What can you say, wow! I can slap my friends over dumb sh*t like that, can you slap yours? Just don't get so anxious to ride that when you get your new FZ you pop a wheelie the first mile and roll it.  ;)

Beemer

Archived