The MT-07 Forum

Has anyone used this tail tidy?

AlbatrossCafe

AlbatrossCafe

Has anyone mounted this tail tidy on their FZ? If so, how well did it fit and hold up? Did you have to use spacers or anything? Do your LEDs hold well to it?

I don't see why tail tidy kits (like Graves or Yoshimura) are $100+ dollars. Was looking for something cheaper.

s-l500.jpg

• Premium Member

I have one on mine. I got the one that match my graphite color. It was well constructed. It also came with LED lights. Fitted perfectly and I've had no issues. The LEDS work just fine still as well. Installed it in March 2015.

AlbatrossCafe
I have one on mine. I got the one that match my graphite color. It was well constructed. It also came with LED lights. Fitted perfectly and I've had no issues. The LEDS work just fine still as well. Installed it in March 2015.
Sweet, good to hear. Got any pics? ;) 

• Premium Member

Ive got it on mine too. I actually purchased it without any paint or powder coating. I simply sprayed it with a similar looking coating as the rest of the accessory parts on the bike I had laying around. It was cheaper and I wanted it to match the other silver/metal accessories on the bike.

The ebay seller is on point too. He is very responsive and event gave me a pair of daytime running lights and a pair of the front spacers (for the hole in the front blinker housing) for free.

The angle of it is much better than the Yoshi (which points more vertical. This one is slanted more out to go with the lines better. I honestly could not justify twice the price for those others. This one is solid quality too. 
This is a pic of it prior to me spraying it.  As you can see, it is cut (assuming laser jet) and bent.

[attachment id=1105" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1106" thumbnail="1]

• Premium Member

I haven't installed mine yet. 

I'm saving it for a wintery day when I'm itch for a ride. Something to do with the bike.

AlbatrossCafe
Ive got it on mine too. I actually purchased it without any paint or powder coating. I simply sprayed it with a similar looking coating as the rest of the accessory parts on the bike I had laying around. It was cheaper and I wanted it to match the other silver/metal accessories on the bike.  
The ebay seller is on point too. He is very responsive and event gave me a pair of daytime running lights and a pair of the front spacers (for the hole in the front blinker housing) for free.

The angle of it is much better than the Yoshi (which points more vertical. This one is slanted more out to go with the lines better. I honestly could not justify twice the price for those others. This one is solid quality too. 

Nice, Thanks for the info. Yeah, I don't know why those others are so expensive for what is mostly just a bracket. I was just going to make my own until I found this one. Gonna see if I can find something that is similarly cheap (maybe a universal piece) that hides my plate a bit more, otherwise I'll probably go with this one. 

• Premium Member

This is exactly who i got mine from. The guy is awesome and communicates well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FZ-07-FZ-07-MT-07-MT-07-Yamaha-Fender-eliminator-Tail-Tidy-2014-2015-BLUE-2T-S-/351206448458?hash=item51c5891d4a

I had even asked where he had got the turn signals because I had wanted them for the front and he responded with a link for me at the time I purchased this item. Top notch quality. No flimsy metal here.

AlbatrossCafe
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FZ-07-FZ-07-MT-07-MT-07-Yamaha-Fender-eliminator-Tail-Tidy-2014-2015-BLUE-2T-S-/351206448458?hash=item51c5891d4a

I had even asked where he had got the turn signals because I had wanted them for the front and he responded with a link for me at the time I purchased this item. Top notch quality. No flimsy metal here.

How well does that blue match the blurple? I have been a little upset with my rear hugger & levers being too blue to match the rest of the bike. 

AlbatrossCafe
It matches exactly. He uses the OEM color
That is perfect. If you could somehow get me a picture of it on your bike so I can see how it looks, I'm sold on that color with the LED tail lights included! I just want to make sure the extra blurple isn't overkill. 

• Premium Member

I don't know what's going on. I'm trying to post other images and it's not working. I've never had this issue before. It let me post this one image and that's it

AlbatrossCafe
I don't know what's going on. I'm trying to post other images and it's not working. I've never had this issue before. It let me post this one image and that's it
Can you maybe put one in your second post (the one that doesn't have a picture yet...?) 
Haha wow! This is perfect! I have the Akra Carbon and that same rear hugger, so this is like the perfect preview. The blue intake vents are a nice touch. You painted your rear-footpeg mounts black?

I didn't like how that rearhugger's more bluish-blue wasn't an exact match to the blurple of the rest of the bike, which is why I'm hesitant on the blue eliminator... I hope you figure out how to get a pic from the back so I can contrast it!

• Premium Member

I didn't paint the rear foot peg mounts. This isn't the most updated photo of my bike. I don't have the Akrapovic anymore. I have an M4 now with bar end mirrors. I tried posting again and it didn't show up. I'll try later. In the bed now.

• Premium Member

How well does that blue match the blurple? I have been a little upset with my rear hugger & levers being too blue to match the rest of the bike.
Mine's from earlier this summer and it does not match the blurple. It's close enough, but he had told me on the phone that someone else had complained that it doesn't match too. So unless he switched his paint to the OEM color since then, it doesn't match exactly. But really, it's a tail tidy. It's in the shadow of the tail and it's behind a license plate. Not really worth the complaint. Fit and finish is well done, even if the color isn't dead on. 

AlbatrossCafe
Mine's from earlier this summer and it does not match the blurple. It's close enough, but he had told me on the phone that someone else had complained that it doesn't match too. So unless he switched his paint to the OEM color since then, it doesn't match exactly. But really, it's a tail tidy. It's in the shadow of the tail and it's behind a license plate. Not really worth the complaint. Fit and finish is well done, even if the color isn't dead on.
That's what I was figuring. But between my actual-blue levers and actual-blue rear hugger that I bought (hoping it would match OEM blurple) I might as well just accept the fact that I now have 2 different blues apart of my bike :P 

AlbatrossCafe
I have one. It fits well but I didn't like it. I believe the Yosi one is nicer and that is what I have installed now.
If it fit well, what didn't you like about it? Just the looks? How is the yoshi different? 

I have one. It fits well but I didn't like it. I believe the Yosi one is nicer and that is what I have installed now.
If it fit well, what didn't you like about it? Just the looks? How is the yoshi different?
I feel the Yoshi fits better because it is up closer to the tail light, the plate light is also higher quality. I also couldn't find rear signals that I liked when using this tail tidy. It just looked too narrow and wide. Now I'm using a taillight with and integrated signal system.  

AlbatrossCafe
I have it. It left a gap just below the tail light which let dirt and water in when I rode in the rain. Other than that, its decent for the money.
Good to know... I ride rain/shine so that could get a little annoying. Though even the massive stock one does seemingly nothing to block any splash from the rear tire. 
I am starting to not like the gap this one has. I might have to suck it up and go with the yoshimura...

• Premium Member
I have it. It left a gap just below the tail light which let dirt and water in when I rode in the rain. Other than that, its decent for the money.
Good to know... I ride rain/shine so that could get a little annoying. Though even the massive stock one does seemingly nothing to block any splash from the rear tire. 
I am starting to not like the gap this one has. I might have to suck it up and go with the yoshimura...

Go ahead and waste your money, or simply cover the gap.  

Archived