The MT-07 Forum

So I have an idea . . . (Magnetic Tank Bag)

travisaurusrex

I'll think about it this weekend, and I'll order parts to do it next weekend hopefully.
We will be anxiously waiting for the results.
Haven't had time to order yet, it'll have to wait a little bit more ... 
Barneyfife, I think the item you're sugggesting is only for Hepco Becker tank bags ...

• 2 weeks later...

I finally did it this morning and I'm not very satisfied with the result ...

I ordered these magnets, I also bought epoxy cement but I didn't use it because the magnets are holding themselves to the tank.

When the bag is mounted, I can quite easily remove it, so I'm afraid it won't be secure enough ...

Here are the pictures :

842599IMG20160430124955HDR.jpg

Plus, some side effects apparently related to this modification appeared :

The seat is not properly in place, if I push it goes in but pops right back out as soon as I relieve pressure. If I'm on the seat, it's okay, but i'm worried about rain getting in when I'm not on the bike ...

461709IMG20160430125005HDR.jpg

I was not able to fully put back in place the left panel as you can see here :

631096IMG20160430125022HDR.jpg

And the tank is a bit less isolated that usual :

494826IMG20160430125442HDR.jpg

What do you think of all this ?
I'm very close to ordering a strap-mounted tank bag and selling the one I have ...
Next weekend, I'll remove again the left panel to connect a USB port to the plug mentionned here on the forum, I'll probably decide if I remove the magnets or not ...

Thanks !

pineappleunderthesea
I finally did it this morning and I'm not very satisfied with the result ... 
I ordered these magnets, I also bought epoxy cement but I didn't use it because the magnets are holding themselves to the tank.

When the bag is mounted, I can quite easily remove it, so I'm afraid it won't be secure enough ...

Here are the pictures :

842599IMG20160430124955HDR.jpg

Plus, some side effects apparently related to this modification appeared :

The seat is not properly in place, if I push it goes in but pops right back out as soon as I relieve pressure. If I'm on the seat, it's okay, but i'm worried about rain getting in when I'm not on the bike ...

461709IMG20160430125005HDR.jpg

Are you sure that the seat is properly engaged at the bottom?  If you don't slide that clip at the bottom of the pan into the appropriate slot in the frame, the front of the seat will not engage as shown in your pic. 

croustibat
Are you sure that the seat is properly engaged at the bottom?  If you don't slide that clip at the bottom of the pan into the appropriate slot in the frame, the front of the seat will not engage as shown in your pic. 
You were right, that was it, thanks ! 

croustibat

In the end, the retailer did me a favor since I was able to return the tank bag even though I bought it in november !
I bought the strap version that I'm gonna go pick up tomorrow so I'll remove the magnets and hopefully I'll be able to plug properly the left tank cover.

Archived